Charlotte--->Lake Norman

Suggestions please.

I’ve got to be in Charlotte for business and will have a whole day to paddle…Luckily I’m staying just off I-77…I can take a kayak and see Lake Norman just a few miles up the road.

Is there any water in that lake?

Where would be an easy put in for a 2-3 hour paddle?

Be nice to avoid house by house by house paddling but I realize the lake is close to a major metro cente.

Thanks for any clues.

Forget Norman
go to mOuntain island lake. Closer to Charlotte and the Northend is a nature perserve. Tell me where you are staying in charlotte and what day you willbe free and maybe we can join you.

My third favorite put on Mountain island lake is Neck rd acess area off of Beatys ford road. From I85 go north on Beattys ford past Latta plantation parkt ( and Raptor center) Make left on Neck road and another left into the acessa rea there will be signs.

My second favorite acess is in Latta Plantation, just foll the signs/

any questions E-Mail me and I will give you a call.

Charlie

DenverNC

I agree with Charlie
Mountain Island Lake, but my favorite put-in is Latta park.

After you put-in keep paddling to your right. for the first few miles you will be paddling past the nature preserve. then head up river and after yolu pass a few houses you won’t see many more at all.

If you have several days or extra time visit the rapture center. It is a good take in.

then if you still have more timer stop over at the national white water center.

If you are adventourous Paddle one of the chutes. If not, just walk along the side and watch the fun.

Cheers,

jackL