chattahoochee

off work all next week and was wanting to do 15 miles or so next week around Franklin GA. could anybody tell me about put-ins and takeouts in this area.

thanks Jeremy

I think you can get Chattahoochi tips…
…from Burt Reynolds or Ned Beatty. Just a guess.

Check here.
Enjoy

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/River/state-summary/state/GA/

AW does not cover that section.
I recall taking a trip from Whitesburg down to Franklin. This included the class 2 Bush Head Shoals and the class 1+ Daniel Shoals, both in the final miles above Franklin. There is intermediate access on the west side of the river at Yellowdirt Road.

If you just want some flatwater work, you are right at the top of West Point Lake at Franklin.

My guidebook has Whitesburg to
Franklin as about 26 miles, so cutting the trip down by putting in at Yellowdirt Road looks like a good option. There is also a put-in possible at a Mc-something-or-other park on the west side, opposite a short class 1-2 shoal, but it only cuts a mile or two off the 26 miles from Whitesburg.

Snake Creek near Whitesburg, Centralhatchee Creek, and Hillabahatchee Creek have all been run, but they require a LOT of water, and have gradients over 60 ft/mile in places. I ran Hillabahatchee in '93, but this is a dry year, and you are unlikely to catch even the Snake, the biggest of the three.