Chota breathable? quiklace? Lite?

Sounds about right
I’m the same size foot and I wear SmartWool under my Stohlquist B-Pod. I also used to own a T-16, sold it to a paddler in Pennsylvania. Great kayak. I traded up to a Bering Sea, but I still miss the T16 sometimes.

Question on comfort paddling
After paddling all day yesterday with wet NRS 8" neoprene kayak boots (I kept my g/f dry getting in her kayak but that meant I got water over the top), I want a pair of Chota’s too. (Two people had them on our trip).

After an hour of “research”, I think the Lite’s are what we need. The most common negative feedback seems to be the soft sole (unless you use the suggested inserts). Without the insert, is it comfortable and non-annoying on the feet to paddle (a sea kayak)? It’s not like paddling barefoot is it?

Bill G.

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Thanks for reminding me
A few years ago I got a pair of the Chota booties and wore them a couple times and didn’t like how soft the sole was so I put them in the closet and forgot all about them. From what I can tell they have the identical sole to the Lites, which means I wouldn’t like the Lites, so I’m glad I went with the Quick Lace.

The Chota Booties would feel great in a kayak, plenty of support for foot braces and rudder pedals, so my guess is the Lites will be good also.

Chota Lite w/insoles
Quicklace if you expect to do a LOT or portaging, and larger sizes (I’m a 13) can be a fit issue as far as deck clearance is concerned. The Lites w/ an insole out of your hiking boots are tremendous. Comfortable on the foot pegs, snug, got it all. Make certain you tighten the strap on top if there is a possibility of a wet exit. If too loose, you may loose them in your re-entry attempt.