Clipper Sea-1 on the water

-- Last Updated: Aug-08-05 2:58 PM EST --

Hey,

I just wanted to post follow-up to my couple of earlier decked canoe inquiry threads, and say how much I am enjoying paddling my new-to-me Clipper/Western Canoe Sea-1.

http://www.clippercanoes.com/boat_specs.php?model_id=126&cur_type=USD&PHPSESSID=1503e4ef74eeb01cdf26936d1e884a06

I had it out on Saturday on a tidal rivermouth in Southern Massachusetts, and it was a lot of fun. I just did a little 11 mile RT, fighting the tide and a moderate breeze. I am planning to get a spray skirt and get out for some more challenging trips along the coast or on Lake Champlain sometime soon.

I chose this particular Sea-1 over a Sea Wind order because of the huge differences in cost (less than half), travel distance (less than 1 hour versus 13 hours oneway), and waiting time (none vs. 6+ months). Where I live it is hard enough to find one or the other to try out, let alone both head to head. I didn't really consider the Sawyer Loon, though if one had been nearby to see, I probably would have.

Congrats!
Al,

Enjoy your new Sea 1 canoe. I’ll be looking forward to reading your posts on it in the future here on Paddling.net.

Enjoy!

Cheers…Joe O’

Thanks
Joe O’,

Great to hear from you.

I need to give credit to you as well for helping me to understand what this boat is capable of, through your trip reports from across Canada.

No worries…
Hey Al,

Good to know somebody out there was reading my trip journal from my canoe trip across the old continent last year.

Hey, are you the guy who phoned Clipper/ Western Canoe & Kayak inquiring about a spraycover for the Sea 1? You have the one that was tested for the magazine review right?

Cheers…Joe O’

Small world, eh?
“Hey, are you the guy who phoned Clipper/ Western Canoe & Kayak inquiring about a spraycover for the Sea 1? You have the one that was tested for the magazine review right?”

Yes, and yes!

• Al

Clipper Sea - 1
Al:

You can get a cover (snap on) from Western for your Sea - 1. I have both.

Sludge