coil spring on SmartTrack

The coil spring that lowers the SmartTrack on my Q700 rudder broke. The new spring does not want to stay in the round slot on the rudder blade. When it pops out, it causes friction that prevents the blade from lowering. Any suggestion?

There should be two plastic studs on …
the face of the round knob, and they should be pushed into the corresponding holes in the matching piece.

Once it is all firmly seated, there is a safety pin that goes through the hole in the shaft of the round knob on the opposite side to keep it all in place.

On the “holes” you need to turn the round knob with the spring to the proper holes before pushing it in them, to get the proper tension in the spring.

clear as Mud !!!

I just changed mine out yesterday. I do not like the seal line rudders, and keep a box with duplicates and triplicates of all the parts and pieces in my vehicle at all times

JackL

Jack L

Pops out.
Thanks, Jackl,

“You wrote:

the face of the round knob, and they should be pushed into the corresponding holes in the matching piece.

Once it is all firmly seated, there is a safety pin that goes through the hole in the shaft of the round knob on the opposite side to keep it all in place.”

I did all this. It worked fine at first. But now, if I look directly into the rear assembly from behind, I can see the coil spring between the rudder blade and one side of the bracket. It does not remain in the round space on the blade, and rubs on the side of the bracket.

“On the “holes” you need to turn the round knob with the spring to the proper holes before pushing it in them, to get the proper tension in the spring.”

I get this part ok

“I just changed mine out yesterday. I do not like the seal line rudders, and keep a box with duplicates and triplicates of all the parts and pieces in my vehicle at all times”

I like it fine when it is operating well, as it has on th Q700 for the last two years. It doesn’t now. However, I take your point. It is very complex.

Please Jack, et al, consider my
Gas Pedal system as a night and day something better to the smart?track …

http://www.onnopaddles.com/components.html

Send me a freebie Pat, and
I’ll gladly change it out.

Kind of interesting: My latest one is only a year old, and on the side of the rear components it says “Smart Track” and then it says “the Original”

My older original one always retained it’s black color while this newer one which was black last year now is bronze. I some how think the chinese used a cheap black paint on their “original”

jack L