Coleman Canoe ?

Hi everyone,

I am looking to purchase a used canoe for my 13 year old son. I found one listed in the Trading Post but can’t find any information online about this particular model.

Can someone help me find some information about a 12’ Coleman canoe? I’m sorry I don’t know the what Coleman model it is. I researched on just the size of the canoe and couldn’t find anything. This might be a mis-print in the paper.

Thanks!

COLEMAN CANOE
NOT AWARE OF ANY 12’ COLEMAN CANOES. THEY ARE NOW MADE BY PELICAN INTERNATIONAL. THEY MAKE A 13.5’ “NAVIGATOR” CANOE.

I HAVE A 15’ COLEMAN FOR SALE. I LIVE IN PA.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER AN OLD TOWN “PACK” CANOE FOR HIM. IT IS A ROYALEX SOLO BOAT AND ONLY WEIGHS 33 LBS. IF YOU GET IT YOU SHOULD CONSIDER LOWERING THE SEAT 2" ACCORDING TO THE REVIEWS ON THIS CANOE IN PADDLENET.

12 foot canoes can be a bit difficult

– Last Updated: Aug-02-07 1:27 AM EST –

for the novice. The Pack canoe mentioned is an exception. Its wide, as well as light, and stable.
Have you considered a kayak? There are lots of good small kayaks. I've a Necky Sky, 9.5 ft, very stable. The Old Town Otter is a good one , also 9.5 ft. You many be able to find a used Pungo, Pamlico, or Old Town Loon 111, to name just a few used for a good price.