Critters while paddling photos

Here are a couple of more common critters found on the SC coast.
A ghost crab on Cape Island

A cannonball jellyfish washed up on the beach is a common Loggerhead Turtle food.

jelly fish looks stiff unlike what I see on Long Island

Yes they are firm and hold their shape. This one is mature and i believe they die after mating. I have seen hundreds of them while ocean paddling. Here is a photo Frank took on Capers Island after a spawning die off. They loose their firmness as they loose water after death.

My mothers family on the Eastern Shore of MD called the jelly fish that were common in the Chesapeake Bay sea nettles. We have a similar one here. We also have a disc shaped one that is firm. We have Man-of-war which have a clear blue membrane air filled float at the surface of the water with long tentacles hanging down below the surface. They have a very painful sting and can be dangerous if you get hit by many of the long tentacles.

Bobcat on Rock Spring Run, Apopka, Florida. December 13, 2016.

Very nice I have seen about 12 bobcats over the years but, never managed to get a photo. Paddled and camped along Rock Springs Run back in the mid 1970s.

Sea lion skull Chile

A pelican hitched a ride on Lake Patagonia, southern Az.

One of the wild horse herds on the Lower Salt River, az. We did this run at midnight and saw “horses River Right.” then as we drifted past, someone screamed, “STAMPEDE” and the rest of the herd crossed the river leaping around and over our kayaks to join the rest of the herd.

Manatee at Crystal River Florida, December 16, 2016

Baby seal (one of many) in Dabob Bay WA.

@castoff said:
Here is a shot taken in Greenville, SC on the way home from a paddle trip on Lake Hartwell. Never know what you might see when going on a paddling trip.

Nope, ya just never.

He loves his explosives.
One thousand confirmed kills.
Jef dances 'tween devils,
one tiger for thrills.

So that’s where Exxon’s tank tiger went after getting exhausted!

@canoeswithduckheads said:

Nope, ya just never.

He loves his explosives.
One thousand confirmed kills.
Jef dances 'tween devils,
one tiger for thrills.

I found it all very disturbing! Some people are hard for me to understand. I feel sure the Tiger must enjoy the ride though.

@castoff said
A cannonball jellyfish washed up on the beach is a common Loggerhead Turtle food.

Japanese like 'em too. They fish for them in the panhandle.

As a youngster, I loved explosives. M80 and cherry bombs esp. The only confirmed kills were a mailbox ,a bunch of cans, and some minnows. Those things would go off under water.

Otters playing in the Great Swamp, Pawling, NY

@abz said:

Otters playing in the Great Swamp, Pawling, NY

I love watching otters.

Wow, great thread! So many interesting shots…