Crossing Canadian Border and back

My apologies. I didn’t realize that you are a qualified virologist.

My 89 year old neighbour next door, and the 90 year old across the street, are thankful for my abundance of caution. There is still so much we just don’t know.

Stay safe.

4 Likes

With 30% of US adults saying that they don’t think they will get the vaccine or are adamant they won’t get it at all, it will be hard, if not impossible, to achieve a safely low transmission rate and functionally eradicate exposure. We need more stringent regulations on tracking actual vaccinations and more social pressure on vax deniers and rejectors who risk other’s health. Schools and camps have long required certain vaccinations to attendees. This is not rocket science nor abrogating anyone’s “freedoms”. I say to them, get the danged shot! If for no other reason than to spare our stressed out health care workers from prospectively having to care for more infected patients.

2 Likes

AND your yellow immunization card (booklet) used to be married to your passport. Small pox, typhoid, etc were required in many places. Don’t know if it will come back or not.

Folks like their freedumb too much.

Well i just read the highly forward thinking state of Texas, Florida, Arkansas and Montana have banned vaccine passports.

They sure have some great public health ideas strongly supported by science! :roll_eyes:

Arizona and Utah have taken the same position. More are sure to follow:

Much of this discussion is moot now or will be down the road, for different reasons. People who support the idea of vaccination, like me, are likely to curtail their visits to states that are openly hostile to the idea of a vaccination passport. I don’t want to be among a big crowd of these folks and there are plenty of others to see. Those who do not feel discomforted by that will more likely go to those states. A separation of the herd.

That is before you get into the legal thickets, which are being under-estimated because the FDA declaration is for emergency approval. Once these vaccinations get permanent approval, something that is going to happen eventually after millions have been vaccinated with relatively small percentage of long term side effects, it is an entirely different question. Upon the CoVid vaccines moving past emergency approval they will be on the same footing as measles, HPV etc.; vaccines which schools and employers in health care facilities have long had the right to require.

1 Like

That’s right… don’t want anyone treading on our Freedumbs here in Montana!

Individuals can be fully supportive of the Covid-19 vaccine yet still be opposed to a Covid-19 vaccination passport. Even the Biden administration is against such a mandatory passport.

At least until the end of 2021 and some time to really see things calm down, there are situations l won’t enter without some assurance that everyone has been vaccinated. There is no way to assure that without showing proof, whatever you want to call it. There are still countries where no one enters w/o proof of a yellow fever vax. The concept is not new.

I appreciate that any particular politician is backing off of requiring this. It doesn’t change anything about my own or most of my friend’s behavior or travel choices. Federal and state policy will be what it will be.

1 Like