Current Designs Nomad GTS: Is it kevlar or fiberglass?

I have a 2007 Current Designs Nomad GTS that I bought used. Is there a way to determine if it is constructed of kevlar or fiberglass? I weighed it and it comes in at 51 lbs. Per the CD website, a kevlar Nomad GTS weighs 50 lbs. and a fiberglass 54 lbs. I’m not sure how accurate our scale is and if I can trust it to determine the actual layup. Is there something in the serial number that specifies layup or can I tell by looking at the layup from the inside?

Thanks for any and all help!

Thomas

You can tell by looking at the inside of it. Kevlar will be a yellow-gold color. Fiberglass will appear a whiteish cream color. That’s a great kayak. Enjoy it!

It’s definitely a yellow-gold color. I can also see the difference on the cd website - some of the insides are a white-ish color and others are the yellow-gold color you mentioned. That, with the 51 lb. weight tells me I’ve got the kevlar version. Thank you!

I have two Extremes both Kevlar one is HV the other is regular but I decaled it as Nomad. I love mine. Restored one not a real good deal by the time I finished it. Put wide base seat in both of them.

What color is yours? What did you pay for it if you don’t mind me asking?

Saw this one all carbon fiber including seat. Would love to have one like that built. It was from CD when they were in Canada. I wonder what it weighed? Was sold when I found it. It’s 2003 or older but not much if any. Was up in British Victoria. Have more pictures in computer but not in my phone.

Guy wanted about 2500 two years ago.