Current River

Good point…
Overnighting there is less than ideal…

smallmouth…
Smallmouth fishing in the Current depends upon which sections you float. Cedargrove to Akers has a decent smallie population, nothing great. Also has some trout. I’d rate the trout fishing as fair, smallie fishing as fair to poor in that section. Akers to Round Spring I’d rate as pretty poor for smallies–too cold from Welch Spring, and too many river dorks. Round Spring to Two Rivers is MUCH better smallie fishing. I’d rate it as pretty good on weekdays. Below Two Rivers the jetboats start getting pretty thick and fishing pressure is much greater, but it’s still good fishing from there down to a few miles above Van Buren. Wall to wall high speed jetboats below Van Buren, often even on weekdays.

Just got back frome eleven piont
The water is running good slightly above normal. but still safe and fun. i heard that the fishing is pretty decent right now. and the people i saw fishing today said it was nice too. if you do greer to riverton there is realy only one thing that was out of wack. the first fork you come to normally is clear to the right and the left is only if you want to have some fun. the right has two trees down blocking it right now. and the left is clear.

Use hufstedlers if you do go. they are great and havnt raised there prices despite gas cost.