Currituck vs Tempest 170 vs Chatham 16 vs?

:laughing:
The sacrifices we make…

1 Like

If you are still interested in a Montauk… this one just popped up on CL:

Kayak Montauk & Kirton Tercel - sporting goods - by owner - sale (craigslist.org)

I don’t know anything about it, just spotted the ad.

1 Like

Thanks for that! I must have missed it, but that ok!
I picked up a new-to-me Currituck yesterday and took it for a ~1hr paddle immediately :slight_smile:
It seems like a great fit! The space for my feet is about as small as I’d like to go at this point I think, but I was able to edge it about as well as I could the Tempest 165 (which isn’t well, but it’s a start!!), so I’m pretty happy with that! Right now I’m hopeful that this is a good boat for me to start advancing my skills a bit!

1 Like

5 Likes

Congrats! You look like a happy paddler. :+1:t4:

sing

1 Like

Enjoy many safe strokes! :thinking:

2 Likes

Looks like you developed “Happy Paddler Syndrome” . I get that same grin when paddling a new boat. Congrates, hope the Impex works for you.

1 Like

Fantastic! Thanks for updating us. Beautiful boat, hope you continue to enjoy it!

1 Like

Hey all, another update! I took the Currituck out on a 5 day backcountry paddle on Lake Superior, and since the water temp where we were was ~5°C, we were wearing full drysuits, booties etc, and it was AWESOME!!! Fits like a glove, got a decent edge on, learned some new techniques! LOVE this boat!!
Thanks again for entertaining all my questions and for all the guidance!!

8 Likes

Great news, glad you have a boat that you are comfortable in!

Where on Superior did you go?

5 days
Ontario

my guess would be Pukaskwa
next guess: L.S. Prov. Park
love the north shore of L Superior

You guessed it! We launched at Gargantua Harbour, went north to Old Woman Bay & return. Due to unbelievably good weather, it was an easy paddle with lots of exploring of the nooks and crannies of the rocky shorelines :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too! Thanks @mowog73 !