Cutting Kayak in half for shipping!!!

April Fools Day
A little early this year!

JimZ

Job Complete! Kayaks now in pieces
I finished cutting the Explore LV and the Assateague in half. Cut the Explore at rear bulkhead and the Assateague at the front bulkhead. The guy I cut them for will probably make them 2 piece kayaks when he gets to Germany. Used a pneumatic cut off tool to do the cutting. The NDK was took the most work due to heavier layup than the Impex. I usually repair boats, but this time enjoyed destroying them!!!

Send photos, and then we’ll believe you

Future Pnet ad:

“For Sale: an Impex Assateague, fiberglass, only 30 lbs! Oh, and the stern weighs 26 lbs! Put together for tons of fun on the water. Pic not available due to shame. Impex workmanship impeccable. Mine…well, not so impeccable. Asking $2000, but first $500 takes it. Shipping IS available, and should be fairly cheap in two seven foot crates.”

Sold
I’ll take it! Do you offer overnight shipping just can’t wait to get that gem.

He really did it!
I saw the pictures. Also saw his collection of canoes, all in immaculate condition, and “before” pictures of one that he restored from a real mess that now looks brand new.

My adorable Vermont canoe is now good to go, having had an expert repair today. Thanks Marv, and thanks, Rob, for phone consultation and for sending the gel coat. Looks great!