Decal Replacement

I’m looking for a vendor to get a replacement “Gulfstream” deck decal or any cool ideas for something completely different if I can’t find an “original”!

I suggest you contact Current Designs and see if you can purchase the decals you need: https://www.cdkayak.com/Contact.aspx

If that doesn’t work you can design your own and get it produced by a company on the internet. The only problem is that either they won’t produce just one or they will charge you lots of $. Here’s examples:
https://www.stickermule.com/custom-stickers
https://www.carstickers.com/products/stickers/custom-stickers/

A third choice, and probably most expensive, is to find a photo or design what you want and take it to a local sign or custom car shop and have them make it. Years ago I reconditioned my '84 Nordkapp and had all the original decals printed (I took photos of the old decals and had them make new ones as Valley didn’t have any). Buffed her with compounded, put on the new decals, waxed and she almost looked good as new.

This may work as it isn’t very expensive: https://www.carstickers.com/products/stickers/custom-stickers/boat-name-port-registration-stickers-decals/lettering/boat-name-sticker/

I always used the local sign shop. Not much more $$ than the online would charge for shipping.

Thanks for the tips! I’ll start with CD and try to stay original.

I have used RapidVinyl on Ebay for lettering for both kayaks and vehicles. Their order form allows you to type up the wording you want and then preview it in any of of 150 fonts and a wide breadth of size scaling. I find I can match pretty darn closely, if not exactly, the lettering I want. They are inexpensive and fast to ship. Application is easy from the peel off backing and has proven durable on both cars and boats. I have even been able to adhere the boat names I git from them onto the skins of my folding kayaks by protecting them, after adhering, with a cover of the clear ripstop adhesive repair tape. The vinyl decals don’t adhere as firmly to fabric so the clear barrier protects them.

For more fun graphics, the small family business Hippy Motors (www.hippymotorsusa.com) has all kinds of vinyl peel and stick imagery including Celtic and traditional Polynesian designs and botanical, zoological and novelty themes. They have a Facebook page where you can see examples (also on their website galleries). Nice folks! I have a small Sanskrit “om” and a peace dove with olive branch from them on the deck of my hardshell kayak. I covered my vintage motor home with their “hippy flowers” and after 4 years of sitting outdoors year round they were still bright and fresh when I sold the vehicle last Spring.

@willowleaf said:
I have used RapidVinyl on Ebay for lettering for both kayaks and vehicles. Their order form allows you to type up the wording you want and then preview it in any of of 150 fonts and a wide breadth of size scaling. I find I can match pretty darn closely, if not exactly, the lettering I want. They are inexpensive and fast to ship. Application is easy from the peel off backing and has proven durable on both cars and boats. I have even been able to adhere the boat names I git from them onto the skins of my folding kayaks by protecting them, after adhering, with a cover of the clear ripstop adhesive repair tape. The vinyl decals don’t adhere as firmly to fabric so the clear barrier protects them.

For more fun graphics, the small family business Hippy Motors (www.hippymotorsusa.com) has all kinds of vinyl peel and stick imagery including Celtic and traditional Polynesian designs and botanical, zoological and novelty themes. They have a Facebook page where you can see examples (also on their website galleries). Nice folks! I have a small Sanskrit “om” and a peace dove with olive branch from them on the deck of my hardshell kayak. I covered my vintage motor home with their “hippy flowers” and after 4 years of sitting outdoors year round they were still bright and fresh when I sold the vehicle last Spring.
THANKS! I’ll check those out!