Delaware Water Gap

We just came back from a trip to Bushkill, PA. We were there for a concert, but took the opportunity to paddle the Delaware a little bit (with kids along, always a bit of a struggle). I love the Delaware!

We only had one vehicle, so it took a little bit of time before it occurred to us to leave a bike downriver. So, for the successful trip (as opposed to the other, highly un-successful trip) we left a bike at Eshback and then drove up to Bushkill, where we put in. We had a great time paddling downriver, stopping for lunch and explorations. When we got to Eshback, my honey hopped on his bike and rode back to Bushkill to fetch the truck while the kids & I sat on a blanket & read Rudyard Kipling aloud. I want to go back and do a more serious paddle, see a bit more. My dh was disappointed that the road runs so close to the river down at the water gap. We didn’t paddle that area. Can anyone tell me if the road is distractingly loud? Any advice for future trips?

Delaware Water Gap
I think you’re speaking about Route 97. Do not be concerned about the noise from the road. It has never been even remotely distracting. You can be assured you can enjoy the nature around you (weekdays). Advice for a more serious paddle: go further downriver, perhaps to Port Jervis or Matamoros. If you decide to do that, you might want to check with a local outfitter for a ride back and enjoy the river from Route 97.