Demystifying Stability ???????

Seattle’s Okay…
spent almost a week there at a conference a couple of years back. Had a hotel overlooking the sound. Nice city in and of itself. Never got to surf though. The freaking real ocean is like a 2 hour drive away! :frowning:

Oh, stability thingie… try surfing a waveski exclusively for awhile. When you hear people - supposedly beyond beginner level - talk (complain) about “instabiity” of a sea kayak - any one of 'em – you just have chuckle. Simple. It’s the driver/rider (his/her skills/confidence, or the lack there of).

sing

Yeah. Intimidation.
Sometimes I take my road bicycle to the mountains. I’ve learned to tell myself. “It’s the same as the flats. It’s just pressure on the pedals.”

If you’re geared low enough this thinking works.

made it to the pacific nw
this winter

http://picasaweb.google.com/kjwikle/OrcaIslandDec2008#

no surf :frowning:

but plenty of wind.

Hell I don’t know? Prob not ,eh?

Misinformation? It wasn’t a race
It wasn’t a race at all. Both groups decided to do the expedition without knowing the other was doing it as well. They picked start dates without even knowing the others were doing the trip. When the dates were announced the ‘british’ team was leaving first. The NZ team then moved their start date up to ‘avoid’ the sea lion mating season. Ironically, the new date was still during the mating season and before the ‘british’ team’s departure date.

Nigel Dennis was a member of the british team and provided the boats - obvious bias.

The members of the NZ team prefer large stable ruddered kayaks. Their bias is for that style of kayak.

The NZ team finished first because they stared much earlier. The british team did the trip in fewer days.