Dent in the bottom of my Kayak

I have a dent in the bottom of my kayak from the luggage rack How can I get it to pop back out

Poly yak?
If it is a plastic kayak, putting it in the sun bottom up should result in the dent poping out. The poly has memory and will tend to resume its intended shape.

It is best to travel poly yaks on their side or deck. This will reduce the incidence of denting (aka deforming).

NOT TO WORRY
. . and if the hot sun on the upside down bottom won’t make it pop back out, try suspendeng Yak right side up, between fore and aft supports[chairs] on a hot day and add a bunch of weight cushioned by a soft towel directly over the very center of the dent. If still there after time try spot heating with a hair dyrer on the center dent or adding more weight. Let it stand weighted for a couple of days. I removed a very stubborn reoccuring dent on my poly yak bottom this way.

And next time…
remember to rack the yak upside down:o) Yep…that’s the way perception advises for all its recreational yaks.

Crutches…
I bought a used pair of aluminum crutches, and removed the section of the crutch that hits the floor…

I cut that section to length, and added a new rubber foot to the top end, resulting in a pin adjustable pole with rubber feet, that I use to prevent hull deformation…I just brace it inside the top of the deck pressing down on the hull; it will prevent the hull from deforming while car topping, and allows me to simply roll my yak into the Gear Room and leave it on my cart without worry of deforming the hull…works like a charm…