Did we chase away Paddle the Fleet?

He had posted to get feedback in his new business venture.

Some of that feedback was a bit harsh and it upset him.

Now that post is gone.

Actually, that should have been Paddle the Coast, I think.

Darn you Andy.

@Yanoer said:

Now that post is gone.

Was it my feedback you think was harsh, or did I miss something else before it disappeared?

My honesty often lacks tact, but I stand by what I said.

The response to my comments was over the top and less than diplomatic.

And, come to think about it, he wasn’t looking for feedback because he told me he wasn’t interested in what I had to say.

Yes Sparky, your feedback was rather blunt and tactless - much like the old B&B - but I don’t know if that’s why the post disappeared.

@Yanoer said:

Now that post is gone.

Not sure how new that business venture was. Looked up the domain; it was created in 2014. The website sells T-shirts and SUP gear (including boards $1100 and up) but lists no physical address, only Charleston, SC. Checked the phone number listed on the website. It’s attributed to a landline in Charlotte, NC. Company appears to be associated with Weiss Marine. Website listed for Weiss Marine is an unclaimed domain. No physical address for that business either.

Am a big supporter of independent small businesses and start-ups, but think no physical address is a negative.

I didn’t think it was possible to delete a whole thread. Those who reply can delete their posts, but the original post has no such option available, at least when posted to the categories I’ve used. Anyway, I don’t recall seeing the thread in question, but I ignore a lot of them, often even after I’ve replied a time or two, and this seems like one I would have skipped. Anyway, also going on second-hand info, maybe the monitors thought the tone was too combative.