Discount paddling gear

There are no good paddle shops in my area so everything has to be mail ordered. I’ve bought some things from Sierra Trading Post and Campmor but they don’t have much paddling gear. The bidding on eBay can get out of control. Who sells quality sporting goods at discount prices?

web retailers
www.rei.com

www.backcountry.com

in the outlet section, sometimes you can score

A few more places
NRS, Outdoorplay, Rutabaga, Kayak Center, Aqua Adventures, Alder Creek, Monterrey Bay Kayaks. East of Maui is having a really good sgoing out of business sale right now. Pretty much any retailer will also do a mail order deal for you.

KFS
www.kayakfishingstuff.com

KFS has a lot of paddling stuff, decent prices and everyone (that I’ve heard of/from) who’s bought from them raves about them.

Shameless Pitch
for the paddle shop in Madison, WI that sponsors Canoecopia. They do a great mail order business.

Unconditional recommendation for
www.backcountry.com. Excellent customer service. They made a tiny little, easily understood mistake on a web listing for the kayak I purchased last Fall, already a clearance item marked down about $200. With no arguing, only apologies, they gave me my choice of sending it back at their expense for full refund including shipping, $100 credit to spend on their website, or $100 credited to my credit card. Top notch attitude.

second that
Yes, they do!

Bought a PFD there
a few months back. They had a lot of sale items at that time. I’m still looking new discount retailers though. Thanks for recommending them.

www.rockcreek.com
Good People.

That’s Rutabaga
www.rutabaga.com

Spring Creek in MN
Great family run business who make several of their own products. www.canoegear.com

I have used Outdoor Play
and it was a very pleasant experience. I would use them again.