Discussion Forum, really?

Sort of looks like the discussion forum is becoming a photo drop site with little or no discussion.
It’s getting hard to wade through to see any discussions. While it’s great to be able to post pics to illustrate a question or reply it might clear up the clutter if there was a dedicated forum just to post random photos.

…In my experience somekind of Trip Report forum/sub-forum has always worked well…
fwiw…

We’ve only had this new format for about 10 days so I think it’s a little early to be judging it. Certainly the ability to insert photos is a big advantage and brings this forum into step with most of the other modern forums out there; it’s a lot better than just embedding a link to a photo hosting website.

Personally I think it’s all a big improvement but I also think it will take us all a few months to really get used to it.

This doesn’t look like Advice, Suggestion or General Help. Please post in proper forum. Paddler’s Place is the general catch all for pointless whining.

The Mirrors, Bow Shots, and other threads started by Andy are meant to just be pictures. I am sorry you find it so difficult to use the scroll feature, that’s gotta make your life miserable! I expect they will be popular and be on the front page a looong time.

Maybe someone could show you how to not click on them?

Most of us have hundreds if not thousands of paddling pics that would totally clog up the forum if posted irrelevantly maybe to satisfy an ego thinking that posting here would somehow constitute being published.

I like the pictures. If I was in that big a rush I wouldn’t be on the forum. If it’s just pictures and basically no discussion just put PICS in title.

@kfbrady said:
We’ve only had this new format for about 10 days so I think it’s a little early to be judging it. Certainly the ability to insert photos is a big advantage and brings this forum into step with most of the other modern forums out there; it’s a lot better than just embedding a link to a photo hosting website.

Personally I think it’s all a big improvement but I also think it will take us all a few months to really get used to it.

Yep I see it getting better here. Keep up the good work guys.

Yes, it is easy to scroll past posts you don’t want to read, or photos you don’t care to view.

Questions? What advice, suggestions, or general help does a post filled with nothing but photos have to offer? Is the forum in question for advice, suggestions, or general help, or NOT?

5 people posting nothing but photos may not be a big issue.
However, there are thousands of people who check out forums on a semi regular or regular basis. What happen when 50 people start posting lots of & lots of photos. How about posting reams of photos in the Getting Together & Paddling Forum or Wilderness Tripping forum? Guess that would be OK too? Just scroll past them.

BOB