Five saws?
Probaably not Stihls.

Jim ( :-)}}

Man, You’re gonna wince when I tell you

– Last Updated: Mar-28-08 5:12 PM EST –

You can actually re-sharpen the chains!

Focus
it isn’t just for cameras!

I have had three industrial accidents, all very different but all caused by someone distracting me, two of them were caused by an argument with the wife, while I was trying to work, the other was a loud, unexpected “Hello!”

glad you weren’t hurt worse

On fishing boats
we call you guys “one trip wonders”.

Real Men and Prissy Safety Gear
I know such a “real man” that put more faith in his skill than his gear, and his skill was considerable.

Now one might call him a one-legged woman.

Grimness.

-rs

Didja hear about
the redneck that took his chainsaw back to the hardware store because it was so slow cutting down trees there must have been something wrong with it? The hardware man pulled the choke out, turned the switch on, gave a yank on the rope and the saw roared to life. The redneck shouted above the din, “What’s that noise?”

Almost lost my brother-in-law
He wanted to save his fence from a montrous branch- he rushed - didnt think about it enough - no top cut on such a large heavy (tons) branch - he thought being above the branch was safe - it was so heavy it catapulted up and hit him in the face-He was paralyzed for weeks and near death. He now has metal in his head/neck/back and has lost use of his left hand and arm and his business which he owned and worked hard as an ironworker ended that day. He lives in much pain - all because of doing a big job alone and not really understanding how branches can trick you. We have cut many large trees down and it takes more than one person, knowledge, thought, time and guy ropes to do it safely.

You should know by now

– Last Updated: Mar-28-08 5:58 PM EST –

not to argue with your wife.

Take that broken toe as a warning.

Paddlin' on
Richard

Amen to that . . .
I worked with some real pros my one summer in college, and I learned two things about tree removal:

1.) Leave something that dangerous to the guys that know what they’re doing (and that is decidedly NOT the “bucket truckers”)

2.) A real appreciation for my college life. Never missed the Dean’s list for my last 6 semesters after that summer. . . .

YoS

Amen! Arguing does not go well with:
Driving

Cutting Trees

Peace and quiet

Shooting

Anything that runs over 4 RPM

Sex

holding a baby

Good one. Too many years ago for me
to remember. Maybe we didn’t argue then. Sure we didn’t.

Was that before p-net?
Could it be that your online “life” is spilling over into your real life?

I can tell you for sure if you talk to your wife the way you often talk to others on this board you are lucky to just have one broken toe.

If your wife is not afraid
to argue with you when you have a running chainsaw in your hands I bet that you probably don’t win many arguments with her.

Kayak_Ken

You mean my responses are not always
those of a gentleman and a scholar?

And Ken, how many men really ever win an argument with their wives?

Labonville!
Anyone new to chainsaws/timbercraft or not using adequate protection should call, click or visit Labonville, Inc. A N.H. based company that provides high-quality equipment (especially safety gear) at a very reasonable price, eg.

Helmet system with ear muffs and face shield = $24.95

Safety glasses = $1.95-7.95

Full-wrap chaps = $58.95

Steel-toed boots = $59.95

Total = $145.80

As above, this is a lot less than copays and deductibles for one trip to the emergency department for me.

Also as above, safety gear is no excuse for unsafe behavior, but it’s nice to have when you F*** up.

Mike

P.S. I have no affilitation with Labonville, but have enjoyed their products and service.

My eyes were opened
years ago when I saw about a dozen pairs of chaps in the bed of a USFS pickup truck. Nearly every pair had chain snags. I figured that if personnel who had received structured chainsaw training still had “mishaps”, then I needed a pair as well.

Jim

Well said NM

I heard that as a blonde joke

– Last Updated: Mar-31-08 11:11 PM EST –

Here's another one:
Two blondes go river paddling. They stop for lunch but somehow end up on opposite banks. One blonde yells to the other, "Hey! What's it like on the other side?" The second blonde yells back, "You ARE on the other side!"

Chainsaw injury
The hubby caught himself with a saw once. Our customer on that job was an eye surgeon and sewed him up with carpet thread 'cause what they used on eyes then was way too small.

We always tied the branches we were cutting so we had control over where they landed. Didn’t take much longer to do a job safely & it was good for business because our customers knew we wouldn’t destroy their property.