Does anyone have a short neoprene tunnel skirt

I’m ordering a new sprayskirt. I am gravitating towards the Snapdragon Ocean Trek and see that they have options for different tunnel heights. In fact, the shortest, 7" model, is sold as the Ocean Trek flirt. I called HQ and the guy I spoke with said more and more people are getting shorter skirts. Unless your in a washing machine, I’m not sure I see what the advantage of a long tunnel is but maybe there is one (like its less likely to pull down over belly rolls, e.g.). Anyway, wondering if there are any voices of experience here that could offer any insights or advice. Thanks.

you can order custom size tunnels (length and width) from Snapdragon and get them fast. For me I can’t see the extra length on a tunnel bothering me.

The short tunnel works better with a dry suit {for me} I have both and always use the short unless going without a top that has a matching tunnel. {YMMV}

I have had both types, all from Snapdragon, and I didn’t find any advantage to the shorter version. Whenever I think the tunnel is too long I just fold it down. No big deal.

The Flirt versions are not just shorter, though. The base is wider and tapers towards the top. Regular tunnels are cylindrical. Didn’t matter to me. YMMV.

Does it cost more money to get a shorter tunnel? If so I fail to see the purpose. As above, if it is too long I fold it. Neither pikabike nor myself are tall enough to be recruited for a baseball team.

Same price at Olympic Outdoor Center, where I would probably order it from.

@Celia said:
Does it cost more money to get a shorter tunnel? If so I fail to see the purpose. As above, if it is too long I fold it. Neither pikabike nor myself are tall enough to be recruited for a baseball team.

A few years ago I started ordering all shorter tunnels. The only purpose I can see in the extra length would be warmth, but I’ve never figured to rely on my sprayskirts for warmth. For me, the shorter tunnels fit better with dry tops and dry suits with the overlap. Without drywear, they’re most waterproof for me if the top of the tunnel stays beneath my chest. The less decline in height between the top of the cockpit coaming and the seam where the skirt and tunnel meet, the less water pools there. I find a shorter tunnel is better in these regards. It’s actually a little easier to pull the shorter tunnel on and off as a little added bonus. I’m 6’ tall, so it’s not a short torso thing for me. For my sea kayaking and surfing purposes, I just prefer the short tunnels. I have a few of the SnapDragon flirts. And a Seals Pro-Shocker and Surf with short tunnels too.