Does the Old Town Discovery 147 exist?

I can find a Guide 147 and a Discovery 174, but I can’t find details on a Discovery 147. I’m talking to a guy about a used one and want to make sure I know what this is before going out to have a look.

Does anyone know if Old Town made a Discovery 147 and where I can find the specs?

They don’t believe they ever made a Discovery 147 but they did make a Discovery 146k. There are some reviews of it on this site:

Thanks for replying, @willowleaf. I did see those reviews, but the boat has Old Town Discovery 147 written on the side. not 146k.

I assume that what you are looking for are the dimensions and weight. If you have no luck finding that info in the short term, try contacting Old Town directly. Compared to typical companies of modern times, Old Town is unusually helpful in answering questions by email or over the phone. This would be an easy question for them. By the way, I’m pretty sure the Discovery series all have molded-in plastic seats. Maybe this shows in the seller’s photos, but that’s a detail worth knowing (some people are okay with this feature while others hate it).

Just closing the loop in case anyone is interested.

I ended up calling OT and they confirmed that:

Discovery 147s were made between 1997 and 1999, are 3 layer poly, weigh 74 lbs, and have a capacity of 900lbs.

5 Likes