I am asking for a friend, who is 78 yo, and no longer wants to hump her big Old Town up and down the muddy banks to the river. Another friend of hers uses an inflatable kayak.
Here are the general parameters. We would love your ideas or suggestions:
- Light weight canoe or kayak, suitable for a little old lady to hump to the river by herself,
- Hard shell or inflatable,
- Ability to take an 80 lbs dog,
- Tough enough to bounce off rocks and take beach landings,
- Must be a real boat, for a skilled and experienced paddler–no “pool toys”,
- Flat water/swift water, and/or up to class 2.
What are you old farts paddling with your dogs?