Dorian Surf Alert

Thanks… They will be in the eye and then get a little worse on the backside…

Looking forward to surf in New England this weekend…

@grayhawk said:
Pray for the Bahamas…
We have friends in the northern islands and it looks like Dorian may stall right over them…

The very good news is that our friends are alive. They were on the sw side of the Island and home didn’t get flooded but some wind damage. They got word out this morn via the marine operator to their daughter in Connecticut that filtered down to us.
good day indeed…

@grayhawk said:

@grayhawk said:
Pray for the Bahamas…
We have friends in the northern islands and it looks like Dorian may stall right over them…

The very good news is that our friends are live. They were on the sw side of the Island and home didn’t get flooded but some wind damage. They got word out this morn via the marine operator to their daughter in Connecticut that filtered down to us.
good day indeed…

Good news.

We are getting a lot of local coverage of the damage in the Bahamas. To me it’s just heartbreaking as I had many memorable dive trips over there and have always been treated wonderfully by the locals…
I know their ordeal is just beginning.

Pic is a Silky shark taken in 6000 feet of water between Andros and New Providence.

I’m in the Hilton Head, SC area. It’s all quiet now but we’re expecting some big wind and a lot of rain by tonight or early tomorrow.

Storm surge shouldn’t be a problem - we’re comfortably away from and above the marsh and river - but we have steel panels on all the doors and windows and are just hoping a tree doesn’t fall on us.

Stay safe everyone.

Just a brief update. Dorian passed us at about 8am this morning and we really dodged a bullet. We just had a little rain here and some gusting winds overnight. No significant damage although some surge hit the HHI beaches.

Now it’s hitting Charleston, Georgetown and then Myrtle Beach pretty hard.