Dorian Surf Alert

A little early to say “where” but it looks like there will be surf in Floirda on Labor Day for those dedicated surf kayakers.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at5+shtml/174436.shtml?cone#contents

We don’t mind the wind, but just don’t want the five foot surge that Irma sent through our place two years ago and totaled it

PITA Dorian looks like it may come into Florida hot and may punch out into the gulf and be a problem for the gulf coast.
It missed all the mountains in the islands that could have slowed it down and is now in open water.
Good luck y’all…

OK the Weather Channel seems to have regained some sanity instead of the 100+ possible tracks covering virtually every acre in Florida and some in other states.
Maybe showing off all their technology but making everybody crazy.

My problem is 310 miles of rain up the St John’s river hitting the restriction in downtown Jax and “king” tides of Sept. The king ttides are the highest of the year and often come over the bulkhead without storm assistance.

One of the tracks is straight up the river.

Willing to bet Dorian doesn’t even make landfall in Florida… After all the crap…

I asked a friend on the SC coast about the hurricane nonsense. He said it was a relief from the political nonsense.

@grayhawk said:
Willing to bet Dorian doesn’t even make landfall in Florida… After all the crap…

Would be nice, but don’t be disappointed if it doesn’t happen.

@Overstreet said:

@grayhawk said:

The real question is will Raisns paddle to maintain his daily rate run.

CAT 4… evac Brevard Co.

Still way early to figure out what it means for NE surfers. Won’t likely to see effect until next weekend at the earliest. Hoping it’s a fish storm up the east coast is preferable to any landfall of cat 4.

sing

sing;
gladly hand it off to ya. It has made Florida crazy just hope minimal damage to the beaches…
enjoy…

This morning,'s forecast shows it going up the coast of Florida off shore…to South Carolina,. Charleston?
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at5+shtml/144746.shtml?cone#contents

@Overstreet said:

@Overstreet said:

@grayhawk said:

The real question is will Raisns paddle to maintain his daily rate run.

With the latest forecast (as you just mentioned earlier), the track is out to sea (a little), off the FL coast.
But it’s still early, the forecast has been changing a lot each time.
So, if it does keep me off the water, my current consecutive days will stop at about 440, a few days short of my longest at 457 (which came to a stop when Matthew went by).

Dorian"s dude who don’t do models.
Potentials shorely are his chosen waddle.
Coasting towards calamity is likely situation,
as some wave goodbye in a prognostication.

Pray for the Bahamas…
We have friends in the northern islands and it looks like Dorian may stall right over them…

@grayhawk said:
Pray for the Bahamas…
We have friends in the northern islands and it looks like Dorian may stall right over them…

175mph gusts to 200 OMG
Keep an eye on this up south.

We definitely are.

Our local station has a live reporter in Marsh Harbour, Bahamas…
Should have a direct hit in a few hours… The signal is breaking up some now.

@grayhawk said:
Our local station has a live reporter in Marsh Harbour, Bahamas…
Should have a direct hit in a few hours… The signal is breaking up some now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RuhYgn41ms