Dry pants

Has anyone seen drypants with integrated booties?

Palm
Sidewinder bib has built in booties. I have a Palm Stikine dry suit. The material and workmanship is excellent. Bib’s list at $249 I believe.

Kokatat will add booties to their
whirlpool pants.

I question the wisdom of this?
I don’t know much, but I do know that dry pants can let in water at the waist seal. If you have booties wouldn’t they fill up? If they fill up will the water weight overcome the buouyancy of your PFD (if any)? Considering the price of bibs and the price of an entry level drysuit ($299) is there any good reson to go that route. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to learn a little more by provoking some discussion.

Ed

Thinking…

– Last Updated: Dec-02-06 5:22 PM EST –

I mainly want to keep cold water off my feet and legs when I launch kayak in the spring. The waist band should seal againt my belly water tight, no?
Let me know where I can get an entry level drysuit for $299.

Palm.
I bought one in April for $299 from Kittery Trading Post in Maine. I got an additional 10% off because it was during their boat sale event. Can’t recall the model Palm at this point but it has booties and decent gaskets. The zipper doesn’t leak but I get a band of moisture on my clothes that is right under it. I was in the water for about 1 1/2 hours during one training session and that is the only gripe I had about it.

Ed

Palm Torrent
A little more than $299, but with tunnel, relief zip and very good quality, you can’t go wrong at this price point ($479). They do have the Palm Classic at $299 but it does not have relief zip or booties. BIG negatives. Go for the Torrent IMHO. They are at www.kayakproshop.com