Dry Tops

good to know
my other breathable jackets are much more breathable fabric…

Is there any test to determine how breathable Tropos is?

it seems just like rubber?

Tropos material
I have a couple of Tropos product from Kokatat, and my only complaint is that the material is less hardy than Goretex. The breathability isn’t too different in my experience. I’ve also heard that the current Tropos they are using, like in the boater pants, is improved over my stuff.

thanks
I would still like to see some data on how breathable the fabric is… my impression was that it was not breathable… and inferior to other breathable non goretex materials… I think Kokatat should be more open about their product…

My concern is that the climate is so much warmer down here and what might work up in a cold climate will be completely useless down here…

I’ll probably be sending the pants back as well unless I can be assured by some data they are indeed highly breathable.

Just got one
for my b-day from my sweetie – a leftover Bomber Gear breathable short sleeve drytop. Latex seals on the biceps and neck.

She got the next size larger to accommodate my arms, so I already have to replace the neck gasket because it’s too large (I have a homemade neck gasket jig - so no big deal), but I’m psyched anyway – now I have a great compromise for paddling in cool air or slightly cool water. I hate paddling in wetsuits, so this really works for me with a pair of neo rodeo shorts.