Drysuits without Latex Neck gaskets

Hello!
I have a latex allergy but am looking at a dry suit. I’ve looked at semi drys with the hope that my wrists will just survive the pain but I need a drysuit that I can swim and roll in with no water coming in.
I’m and outdoor adventure leadership student so I need this for school and I was just hoping for some advice on what to get that is lower in price that will keep me dry while not having me have an allergic reaction.
Thanks!

You’d have to have it special sized and ordered, but Reed Chillcheater has an Aquatherm Paddle Suit that is latex free. Companies like IR can do custom orders w neoprene gaskets instead of latex but the caveat is always that the seals aren’t quite as good.

1 Like

What are the conditions and temperatures you’re dealing with? Possible to go with neoprene with paddle jacket/pants over top. Not dry but covers quite a range of temps.

See you on the water,
Marshall Seddon
The River Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY. 12538
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection
Instagram: www.instagram.com/marshall.seddon

1 Like

I’m located in Canada and plan on only paddling close to the summer months, I think that I’m looking more into keeping me dry for university programming that I am going through more than cold protection.
Thanks for the help!
-Tatiana

One of the drier of the neck gasket styles is the Stohlquist EZ. As to the wrist gaskets, how are you with something like nitrile gloves? Perhaps an idea to don some sort of non-allergy creating gloves and then put on the suit. You could even cut away the gloves and just keep the wrist sections under the gaskets that way.

See you on the water,
Marshall Seddon
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY. 12538
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile

1 Like

Both the Reed ChillCheater and the Stohlquist B-Pod drysuits have non-latex neck gaskets. The ChillCheater has non-latex wrist gaskets, while the B-Pod uses latex…

1 Like

Kokatat will customize their dry suits with a neoprene or rubber gasket if you have an allergy. You’ll have to call them as this it’s not something they offer on their website. They are really helpful!

Anna

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll look into this
-Tatiana

Just remembered this is also a thing that exists. No idea how well it works, but if it does there’s a wrist version as well

Neck Saver

Really? That’s good to know. I’d love to have my latex neck gasket replaced with neoprene.

Kokatat will do it. You need to speak to a human at Kokatat.

See you on the water,
Marshall Seddon
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY. 12538
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile

1 Like

Mr. cheapo, that’s me, has bought some “drysuits” from watersportsoutlet.com Be sure to read the descriptions and sizing carefully- many have the neoprene neck and cuffs that you are looking for even though they are listed as “drysuits” they are what I consider to be “semidry”. Most do not have a tunnel for a skirt. You can put an xxl splash top over the suit and accomplish what the tunnel does if you want to stay really dry. The company is headquartered in the uk (with a warehouse in Travers City MI) so I had to use amazon pay on my first order to get an order to go through without triggering a fraud alert (chase bank) but the company is legit. Incidently, on the last suit I ordered (a gul) it says specifically “not to machine wash…hang inverted to dry…store the dryzip flat and closed”…and to “ask someone to open and close the zip for you if you have a backzip suit”… I do that also with my front zip suits because I’m a bit wide in the shoulders. I’d take a picture of the tag but it would do no good, for some folks their way is the only way. I’ll let you know in a few years how the gul and typhoon hold up compared to level 6, kokatat, stolquist, palm, mythic, nrs, and helly henson dryware I’ve had.