DRYSUITS

I AM WANTING TO BUY A DRYSUIT AND HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO TRY SOME ON ALL THE BRANDS ANY IDEAS

too early on a Saturday for SHOUTING! NM

YES BUY ONE

– Last Updated: Dec-01-07 4:01 PM EST –

THAT FITS AND DOESN"T LEAK

Actual advice

– Last Updated: Dec-01-07 6:20 PM EST –

Tara, since you have already tried on several different dry suits and are probably pretty familiar with dry suits in general, I suggest that you post specific questions about different aspects of deciding which dry suit to buy that you have questions about. That way the replies you receive will hopefully be more helpful and to the point.

It would also help to know how and how often you plan to use the dry suit. I believe you said that you are new to kayaking. Do you do whitewater kayaking, sea kayaking, or what? Different dry suits and options may be better choices depending on how, where, and how often you plan to use it.

I believe that you posted on another forum that you like the KOKATAT brand best so far. Do you have a favorite model in mind?

What options are you considering for your dry suit? Do you plan to get a relief zipper or drop-seat zipper, Dry socks, or breathable fabric (Tropos/Gore-Tex)? What ofter options/features do you consider important or have questions about?

And hey, if you're reading this and have an opinion about dry suits, why not post here and let Tara know which dry suit you like best and why, or what you'd buy next time.

Any way, I hope this gets your questions off to a better start. Post away!

Nice save Dan
Dan is one of the good guys. Thank you for that.

Tara, Dan is right. If you want to get good beta from this group, give them a little more info.

Another sources you might consider is Kayak Academy. George and Barb are true drysuit experts. Very few on this board can say that. Several of us own drysuits, but can only give our experience. George and Barb have years of their own and other peoples experience as well.

They have used drysuits as well. I bought mine used, saved a bundle and love it. It is a front entry Kokatat GFER with all the bells and whistles. Here is their site for the used suits.

http://www.kayakacademy.com/used%20kayaks.html#Wet%20Suits

If I have any advice to offer, it is make sure you get a relief zipper and for sure sewn in dry socks.

I have a friend who has the NRS Extreme and he loves that.

Good luck with your research.

Jay

dry suit answer
I would talk with George at the kayak accadamy.

I bought my kokata from him.

I love it.

He is extremely knowledgeable. Can answer all the small questions, and give good advice.

He will make a custom suit for you and it will be only a little more than the best deal you will find one that is not custom. He will throw in extras, and absolutly gurantee the custom sizing. He will take em back even customized and put in his inventory. And will send you a loaner while you wait for a custom suit.

It cant be beat. I hear he sells more custom suits than anybody.