Easier Valley hatch covers installation

What product do you use on the covers to allow them to slide on easier? I’ve used 303 but was wondering what else would work.

Not much
Bedsides 303 there isn’t much I have found. Pop them first down then take my thumb and get that second lip to pop down. When it gets colder it can be a some what painful thing plus even pulling them off can be a chore. BUT hey they don’t leak.

MaxGlide
MaxGlide is a hull polish (also decreases ring around the boat) which is basically liquid teflon. A little swipe of that around the hatch rim and it slicks things up very nicely.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

fb.me/theriverconnection

maxglide
Will that work with plastic kayaks as it appears to be some kind of gel cote polish.

Universal I would think
Just don’t spill it on smooth floors, unless you wan’t a skating rink.

It’s a polish but I’ve applied it to lots of surfaces. Not a bad door hinge lube on my car either.

$13 for a bottle and a little goes a long way.

I know a place in Hyde Park, NY that has it and ships. :wink:

There’s my plug

See you on the water,

Marshall

Hyde Park, NY

fb.me/theriverconnection

Where to buy
Is this product water based?

I’ll check the label
When I get to my store later I’ll check the label. The mfg. states Environmentally Safe Boat Products. I have about 10 bottles on the shelf so I’ll see if the label has anymore details. The stuff certainly doesn’t have any noticeable fumes you can smell (I know there’s lots of stuff you can’t detect by odor) and the carrier liquid evaporates similar to water.

I’ll type later today.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

fb.me/theriverconnection

bevel and round outside lower edge
especially if snug fit within deck recess. Perhaps a quarter inch radius or so depending on how much interference exists of cover OD to deck’s recess. Stationary sander works well. If shopping for replacement cover, take boat and test fit as great variance exists between new covers. I use 303 which helps without being gooey to attract sand and other debris.

"Environmentally Safe"
Ok, so in addition to slicking up hatch rims.

“Environmentally Safe” I can’t find any tech specs on the mfg. website but the bottle states;

Greatly reduced drag and turbulence

Easier steering, tacking and jibing

Clear, high gloss finish

No primer, no build-up, no drying time

Environmentally safe, no toxic fumes

Board stays clean and protected from oxidation

Simply rub into hull bottom with clean cloth or sponge

Can be removed with soap and water

Ideal for use on bottom of waterskis

I do have a customer who uses it on the front of his motor home (not the windshield) to minimize bug splat on the flat front of the vehicle. Seems to keep down ring around the boat too.

Can ship.

See you on the water,

Marshall

Hyde Park, NY

fb.me/theriverconnection

Plastic kayak
What do you think of putting it on a P&H Delphin bottom?

5% Faster
That’s one of the mfg claims.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

fb.me/theriverconnection