easly rolling boats

Soccer Moms in Siennas are much sexier

plus
its a really fun boat to paddle—tried a Romany a couple of months ago and really liked it accept for the seat—needed padding both in the hips and butt—but thats something I can do when I buy one—btw rolls easier than a 2 dollar chippie

Tom Bergh says
I cannot believe I finally got to use this, but Tom Bergh once told me his Nissan Pathfinder was tricky to side surf due to hard chine as he caught its edge a few times. Its a true story.

Tom prefers soft edged hard chines
ref; June

schizopak’s list is a great one, i would
add the Tempest 165, it rolls so easily I would consider it a cheater, and bought one so my girls would have a boat to succeed in quickly.

The Valley Q-boat is also greenland friendly

i still haven’t tried that one!
I’ve heard nothing but good things about the 165 and being the boat whore that I am, I’m surprised at myself that I haven’t tried it yet. I’ve paddled the 170 plenty of times but never the 165 despite being around it several times. I’ll have to put it on the list to try next time I run into one.

Of course once you get down toward the bottom of that list, all the other good rolling kayaks sort of tie. Chathams, Tempests, Forces, etc. all roll great and it’s splitting hairs.

Newbie question
Does “easy to roll” also mean “easy to capsize”?

It would be nice if a boat is difficult to capsize but easy to roll back up if capsized. Is there such a boat?

Romany
The flat bottom combined with low decks, relatively low volume, etc of the Romany make it a boat with very high primary (hard to capsize) yet very easy to roll.

A boat that is not flat bottomed but has surprisingly high primary and is very easy to roll is the Outer Island.

nope…easiest to roll is…
…Isuzu Trooper!

YOU BOAT SLUT!!!
oops…I was looking in the mirror and not into my laptop screen as I typed that… ;-0

Love my OI OC - suweeeeet…same hull but ocean cockpit with 4" of scooped knee hooks sure makes it handle as I want it to!!

Now waiting on my KOG Plate 42 no 176 replica from Schulzy…that will be my traditional boat.

Scott