Eddy line Falcon 16

Found an Eddyline Kevlar Falcon 16 for $800. What do ya’ll think?

I have not paddled one or even seen one but it looks like a kayak I would like to own. I have read a few reviews of the Falcon and they seem pretty positive. I have the Fathom model but I wish Eddyline still made something like the Falcon for a little more speed and performance.
If the boat is in good shape $800 seems like a reasonable price to me.

Falcon or Nighthawk? These were earlier model Eddylines. I thought the Falcon was 18’ as I know that the Nighthawk is 16’. You’ll enjoy either but check so you know just what you’re getting.

See you on the water,
Marshall
The River Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection

Here’s the list of EDY discontinued models: https://eddyline.com/kayaks/discontinued-kayak-models

Is that Falcon 16 kevlar or fiberglass?

Fantastic boat, I own the Falcon 18 and have paddled the Falcon 16, they definitely have both the 18’ and 16’ Falcons but the 16 is definitely rare and was discontinued before the switch to carbonlite(thermoformed plastic, Falcon s18, which also included a drop skeg). Tender primary stability but excellent secondary, probably the best feel on edge of any boat- very natural and great in the rough water. Faster than most 16 footers, you will have no problem pacing with longer boats, sleek and narrow. The Falcon 16 tracks well with built in aft section hull skeg, similar to a Nordkapp, which also makes turning slow unless the boat is put on edge- then its agile and playful. Both Falcons are low volume for their length, but have plenty of room for most of us (week or less). These boats are not new but the build quality for glass and Kevlar Eddylines is great and the boats hold up well for their age, also the 16 is lightweight @ 40lbs ish and easy to move around or cartop. If I recall correctly the Falcon 16 does not have perimeter lines which I found odd, and no day hatch if that is something you require. Also the round hatches seal better than the flat ones in my opinion. Great boat for smaller paddlers but I fit comfortably at 5’11" and 200lbs with size 11 shoe. Bottom line, great boat at a decent enough price- Life is short and boats are cool! buy it and give it a whirl!

Rookie, great reference table, thank you. My time with Eddyline ended before the Falcon 16 apparently. Mjac, enjoy your new-to-you kayak!

See you on the water,
Marshall
The River Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection

You’re most welcome, Marshall.

I need to adjust my reading glasses since the OP noted the boat was kevlar. Looks like a good deal given NY Kayak Co. has one selling for $900: http://nykayak.com/product/eddyline-falcon-16-kevlar/

I owned the carbolite eddyline falcon 18 for a few years and my wife owns a fiberglass Falcon 16. Overall I think the falcon 16 was a much better kayak . I took a rolling course using the falcon 18 and it would turn downwind when i was watching the instructor and getting ready to set up the opposite of all the other kayaks in the class which would weathercock in these conditions
I think I traded it it for a Derek Hutchinson Reiver which was more what I wanted
My wife liked the falcon 16 which seemed perfect for her size and using a Greenland paddle and rolling but a few years ago she decided to switch to standup paddle boards so I will be listing it on paddle.com probably for $900
I am in Florida near Daytona beach if anyone wants to look at it

Isn’t that NY Kayak Co long out of business?

@dc9mm said:
Isn’t that NY Kayak Co long out of business?

Their website is still up, offering classes and tours.