Eddyline has been sold

Owner retires and management team buys it.

Here’s a nice article on Tom and Lisa Derrer and the transition which happened earlier this month:
https://www.rapidmedia.com/adventurekayak/categories/news/8608-eddyline-kayaks-completes-transition-of-ownership

Same team that’s been in place - did chuckle at Tom’s comment that he’s going to hang around until they throw him out.

A great way to get off to a new beginning would be to reintroduce the Raven in a bit longer version–say 17’-4".

S 18 falcon updated

@PaddleDog52 said:
S 18 falcon updated

I’m afraid the market these days won’t support another long boat. Especially if they are relatively heavy and my guess is that an 18 footer in ABS would be kind of heavy.

“The team has been in place for several years and in that time we’ve experienced significant growth, more than doubling both sales and production,” says VP of sales Tom Remsing. “Managing that growth while preserving the quality Eddyline is known is our primary focus. Going forward we’ll put a renewed emphasis on innovation while preserving Tom’s legacy of user-friendly, high-performance design.”

The comment about innovation caught my eye.

@magooch said:

@PaddleDog52 said:
S 18 falcon updated

I’m afraid the market these days won’t support another long boat. Especially if they are relatively heavy and my guess is that an 18 footer in ABS would be kind of heavy.

sadly you’re right. Long boats are toast for the mass market. I tried S-18 years ago and it seemed fast. Personally I don’t like ABS but it good for some people and uses.

The other thing that makes ABS somewhat impractical for a long boat is the price. Yes, it probably could be produced at a lower cost than fiberglass, but Stellar already has an 18 footer in glass that is about the price that an ABS would be (below 3 grand), and it’s a good one–the Intrepid.