Edisto River (SC) advice needed.

Is there a 10-15 mile section with good access points? The 2 sections I have paddled were both 20+ miles.

You might try putting in at Mars Oldfield Boat Landing (N of Givhans Ferry) and pulling out around 17A–there are lots of accesses south of Givhans.

Pick up a lowcountry boat landing map at a boating store like West Marine. It’s easy to find good access points on those.

LM

check
out Orangeburg SC. thereis a nice stretch froma fishing access point into the town of orangeburg. If you look up the Festival of roses you can click on the canoe race and get the map , or particulars.

Um

– Last Updated: Jun-01-04 8:57 AM EST –

Mars Oldfield Boat landing? I asked the ranger about that place and that is THE only place that folks have had trouble leaving Vheicles at!! The Chunks above O-burg may have a few obstructions.

I am not altogether sure about the safety of each put-in to be honest with you. There are plenty of others.

Of course, you could always just have someone shuttle you there–that way, no worries about leaving vehicles behind.

LM

yeah
at 20 bucks a person!!!

Edisto
My wife and I have used the local outfitter off of highway 15 for shuttling at the cost of $20-$25 per boat. Our vehicle stays at their site.

Andy