Eighteen foot sea kayak

ya, you’re absolutely right
i’m having a hard time finding the boat between a capella and a bahiya lol

I miss my old poly capella too.

I think you’re dead on Kudzu :slight_smile:

jim

time to look for a second job

used boats for sale
If you’re willing/able to travel to the States, check out the classifieds on the websites of New England paddling clubs. If you’re patient, you’ll find a great deal on a boatthats rightfor you.

www.nspn.org North Shore Paddlers Network

www.smskn.org So.Maine Sea kayakers Network

www.bskc.org Boston Sea Kayak Club

www.ricka.org Rhode Island sea kayak assoc.

www.connyak.org Connecticut Kayak Club

"…any kayak other then a P&H"
IMHO they only reason to choose P&H has been their QC is the best of Brit manufacturers. For the most part, Valley and NDK have designs I find more seductive.

Peter Orton formerly of P&H is now one of the principals at Valley. He just informed me they have brought in some of the top QC folks he had worked with at P&H to straighten out the recent snafus at Valley.

So, take a good look at the Valley boats.

is
that the same as the one thats advertised on the classified section here on P-Net? or is that another one? it’s a sirus M

boat length vs paddler size
heres the nuts and bolts for boat length…its not about size of paddler as much as it is about maximum hull speed. as long as you can get a good fit with proper and correct outfitting in your cockpit, it doesnt matter if its a 6 foot whitewater playboat or a 21 foot Valley Rapier, if you fit, you can paddle…and if you have a proper, formal, correct forward stroke, you can reach a 60-80 strokes per minute rate of paddling and get the maximum speed out of your boat. each boat-depending on its waterline length-has a maximum speed. matters not the strength or size of the paddler, or his/her biceps, what matters most is whether or not the forward stroke is efficient and sustainable to max out the speed of the hull. here is the formula to determine the maximum speed for your boat: take your boats waterline length, so for a pintail for example, the overall length is 17’6" making the waterline a bit less, lets say 17’, which is probably a little generous. so find the square root of 17 (the number that when multiplied by itself, will equal 17), which is 4.124, and multiply this by 1.34 and you get the maximum speed 5.5 knots for this waterline. if you cannot physically get your boat up to that cruising speed, then there is simply too much boat there for your forward stroke to accommodate. The obvious solutions are to A) improve the forward stroke or B) get a smaller boat