Elevated Parking Space For Canoe

There was far too much “bicker and banter” going on between vessels inside my canoe and kayak corral. So I moved this boat out to its own private elevated parking space. Didn’t even have to use a cart. Now it slides right on to the top of my van, and also earns its keep as a rainwater collector for the summer garden. I won’t have lazy boats refusing to work and taking up space! (That privilege is reserved exclusively for me;-)

I hope you don’t get s 4" rain.

@string said:
I hope you don’t get s 4" rain.

Okay, here…

S’that better?

MUCH

I worked with a guy that was jetting in a well. He needed a reserve water tank for his jet pump since the old well point was not producing much. So he just filled up the canoe with water and pumped out from there. Those old aluminum canoes were tough. It would likely work as a rain water collector. That cantilever portion might be a problem though.

@Overstreet said:
“…It would likely work as a rain water collector. That cantilever portion might be a problem though.”

I’d just drill in a hole, caulk in a spigot and let gravity do the work. (Drain holes seem to work pretty well on most SOTs that have them B)

@spiritboat said:

@Overstreet said:
“…It would likely work as a rain water collector. That cantilever portion might be a problem though.”

I’d just drill in a hole, caulk in a spigot and let gravity do the work. (Drain holes seem to work pretty well on most SOTs that have them B)

Got just the thing. Might have to put a thin doubler on the inside but doable. How about a drain plug with internal wrenching, https://westmarine.com/buy/perko–garboard-drain-plug–6623631?recordNum=17

OK, might penetrate a little too far but that 1" depth could be trimmed a little. And a little rise would leave room for sediment to gather without clogging the hose. :wink:

@Overstreet said:
Got just the thing…"

Too expensive! And knowing me, I’d prolly lose the damn wrench. (Not a bad idea for my little sail boat though, thanks.)