Esquif 17' Cargo

Dear board,

I realize that this boat is a compromise of compromises as far as paddlers are concerned.

I am looking for a boat with great capacity suitable for fishing that doesn’t require a trailer to realistically transport. It won’t be an ocean-going vessel or need to shoot rapids. It will be mostly used solo or with my wife to fish local lakes that are electric motor only or horsepower restricted. I have a transom mount trolling motor that I know will push it well, and I’d consider a small gas powered outboard as well. I’d even row it myself from the center seat if oarlocks are easily added.

I have a larger outboard powered boat that I’d like to dispose of simply because it’s too much of a hassle to use by myself.

Neither myself or my wife are younger folks, and I am a very large folk, hence the need for great capacity.

Does anyone have anything to offer as far as opinions after owning and using a Cargo? Or do you have any other suggestions as to boats suitable to my needs?

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :grinning:

1 Like

If I were in the market for a square stern canoe, that would be the one I would pick. Its definitely the largest on I have seen and it is lighter than the 15’ Old Town Discovery Sport by 20 lbs. I have a Prospecteur16 for 3 years now and I really like it and the T Formex has been pretty sturdy so far.