Ever heard of a company called rpc3?

They sell carbon fiber wing paddles for $229 which is the lowest price I have seen.

For a cheaper date, try C3PO.

Checked whois

– Last Updated: Aug-15-14 9:57 PM EST –

Domain Name: RPC3.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1808045352_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2014-06-03 18:20:20
Creation Date: 2013-06-12 20:48:31
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-06-12 20:48:31
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Douglas Johnson
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 2800 Shannon Dr
Registrant City: Belmont
Registrant State/Province: North Carolina
Registrant Postal Code: 28012
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: 7042660037
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: carolinadoug@gmail.com
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Douglas Johnson
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: 2800 Shannon Dr
Admin City: Belmont
Admin State/Province: North Carolina
Admin Postal Code: 28012
Admin Country: United States
Admin Phone: 7042660037

Visited the RPC3 website and looks like Mr. Johnson will be selling kayaks soon, as well as parts for golf carts.

The paddles look interesting, but there's no information as to company location, warranty, returns, or where the paddles are made. That always raises red flags for me.

No
Jack L

probably
Clones. Stolen intellectual property.

That is what I think. Chinese copies.

rpc3 paddles
Yes, have heard of them!! Great product. OK, seriously. We have a 100% approval on ebay. We stand by our products and will guarantee for a year. thanks for pointing the NO warranty claim out. I assumed this would be implied so will add to our webpage. We are avid paddlers and how We got into this. I paid 180 bucks at REI for a plastic blade and knew I could do better. To reduce costs, we limit overhead, only a warehouse and all sales are internet based. feel free to email me with any other questions.

?
What do you mean by “factory direct”, “no middleman”? Do you make the paddles yourselves, have you subcontracted them out to a local manufacturer or are you having them made in China?

Many specialty paddle makers sell directly and not through retail stores, it is not all that unique.

good on ya for responding

– Last Updated: Sep-17-14 11:35 AM EST –

I think any merchant who answers a post like this personally is owed some credit; sometimes we forget our manners and don't do so. Kudos to you. Hopefully you can continue to answer questions and more people can learn about your product.

Reviews?
I’ll probably end up asking for one of these for my christmas present, but am lookinf for reviews. Nothing here on pnet and nothing much comes up in a google search…

Anyone seen some reviews for these? mostly interested in build quality and ferrule quality, but any thoughts would be good.

I was looking at the small or medium wing paddle specifically. Even if they’re made in china, its hard to argue with a wing paddle $200 cheaper than a comparable werner or epic.

Resonses
Slush, thanks for the compliment!! We are a young company but very committed and motivated. Will answer any questions.

To mcimes and string. 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you dont like it, return it undamaged for a full refund. Also email me and I can help you pick out which one would be best for you and I will also generate a discount code for an online purchase.

This is an unaltered email I got this morning. I have also had several repeat customers. Just no reviews. I am lucky if they take 2 seconds on eBay to post a review. But I have to admit, I dont always take the time to do a review either.

“I unpacked the paddle. It looks awesome !! It’s a perfect match with my board (Surftech Balboa Bamboo). It’s definitely the nicest looking bamboo paddle on the market. Even the carbon fiber looks to be of better quality than the last paddle I had (Rave Sports Elite). The locking mechanism works GREAT too.

I’m considering one of your kayak paddles. I’ll email or call you advice when the time comes.

Thanks again for everything and especially the awesome paddle.”

Geoff.

Buyer review

– Last Updated: Dec-09-15 4:26 AM EST –

As much as i would like to discredit this company, I have personally bought and used one of their paddles. The customer service and product is one of the best I've ever experienced! I ABSOLUTELY love my new paddle! Not only did they personally follow up on their product, but they also answered all of my questions! I am new to kayaking and they helped me decide on the perfect paddle! I couldn't be happier with the product or company!!! Highly recommend!

warranty?
Hello all, as of 1/14/16 still no mention to warranty or returns on the RPC3 website. Additionally their ebay stores says specifically no returns accepted.

Does anybody have additional info? I have been trying to contact them for the past 3 days, the wing paddle looks very interesting

Thank you

paddle soon
I was able to contact them and my new paddle will be here next week! They confirmed warranty is 1 year but no returns. I’ll probably write my opinions after a few weeks of using it

update please

fantastic!
I got my large wing around the end of january. Loved it from first minute. I am a k1 paddler. My paddle was a Braca I in 2001, when I stopped (I was 19 and at a good level, 1’48" in 500mt and 3’48" in 1000mt). After 15 years I bought a k1 again and started with a Fenn 3. Never liked it too much but it was ok. Once I got the RPC3 one, it immediately gave me the forgotten feeling of my Braca I.

I am really really happy with it. I have no technical comments as I don’t have the knowledge for that. I can only say that I always hated the Braca IV and always loved the I

I had never used an oval shaft before. It felt a little weird initially and I was actually developing some pain in my left hand, but this did nothing else than highlighting a mistake I have in my stroke. I basically control the paddle with my right hand during both left stroke and right stroke. After improving this (I try now to control with the top hand always), the oval shaft is actually amazing.

On a separate note, I chipped the paddle (I believe banging it on the k1 during a workout). It wasn’t supposed to chip, so maybe it had a small defect. The guys at RPC3 gave me advice on how to take care of it with epoxy. This happened only on one spot and only on one paddle. I hit the k1 with both paddles a few times during each workout and the paddle has no sign of it, so it is not weak per se. I believe it is a really good paddle and it had maybe a very small defect.

I would buy it again and again.

I don’t read the forum often, if anybody have questions, feel free to drop me a line at ziopaperone at gmail dot com

I bought a small wing in 2015 for the primary purpose of paddling the MR340. I paddled over 400 miles that year with the paddle and loved every minute of it. The paddle is still in really good shape. Wish I could get the time to get on the river again soon. Doug Johnson at RPC is a great supporter of the paddling community. Like the RPC page on Facebook and you might win a kayak.

LC Paddler

I bought one. It is a good paddle . While I had it, one of the blades came loose , apparently too little glue. I got the replacement before they got my return. .
Good people to deal with.

They are located in Research Triangle Park near Raliegh. Company started by a couple of Engineers.