Evolution Diversion 14-2 Information?

Hello all!

I have little to no knowledge of kayaking and was hoping someone had some information on a kayak that has made it’s way into my life. I have tried to do some online research and I haven’t been able to come up with much. All I have been able to gather is that the Evolution kayaks were only manufactured for one year in 2005 and they had 3 models. Any additional information on this kayak would be great. Thank you for your time!

Link:
http://evolutionkayaks.com/tec_pro.html

Quoting:

"The true innovation is found in the shape of the Diversion deck and hull. The kayak is parabolic in shape, like a “shaped” snow ski. The cockpit is the thinnest part of the kayak, based on the principles of a parabola. This allows the paddler to draw their paddle in closer to the rails and aids in a more efficient stroke. The parabolic shape allows for very efficient turning even at a 16 foot length. The bow of the kayak is 3 to 4 inches wider then the cockpit area. This initiates a wave pattern that is unique to the Diversion line. The bow wave troughs through the cockpit area, allowing the stern to rise onto a second wave: lifting to kayak slightly on the surface of both waves. The Diversion line offers great tracking and remarkable maneuverability and responsiveness.

“As in most touring/recreation kayaks the waterproof bulkhead for dry storage is essential. The Diversion line employ waterproof storage with unique low profile hatch covers.”

Something akin
Warrenlightcraft.com

Makes coke bottle shaped kayaks. Might be along the same philosophy. I’ve paddled the Warrens. The Evolution brand is a new one on me.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

hudsonriverpaddler.org

Hhhmmmm
Their website was kind of stingy with the pictures, but there was enough there that to me it looked like they should have an engine and a steering wheel.

A little too much of a case of reinventing the wheel again.

Evolution listed at this site
Evolution Kayaks

2616 Hargate Ct

Wilmington, NC 28405

Phone: 910-392-1089

Comes up as a paddlesports dealer.

Thanks Everyone!
Thank you all so much for the replies!

I still have no idea what to do with it. I am probably just going to sell it because I don’t see myself ever using it. Thanks again!

Price?
Does anyone have any idea on what it might be worth?