Experience with Lendal Kenetic Wing???

Surf with Carmody & Wright
I will report. On a weekend now surf and tiderace with John Carmosy and Todd Wright. Wish us to live long and not eat too much sand and rocks !!!

chopped strand mat
Chopped strand mat is a binder between layers of woven material when used in composites. It was never intended to be used alone. The people using it alone are making excuses for this use.

Bill H.

any report???
I just FINALLY got a chance to use the set i got…wow…they are cool…

i am used to standard kinetic blades…faster yes…i could easily feel the wing part moving the blade to where it should be -felt like trying to push down on an ice cube in a bowl-sliding around under a bit of control…

i like them…

lighter than my standard blades…hmm…was a good day…cannot wait until this next weekend when i get to play with them again…

they are very good, different too

– Last Updated: Jun-11-09 5:36 PM EST –

I found that they are really onto something good with this paddle, although it will not be for most paddlers nor uses. What really surprised me is that I simply love my trusty Werner Ikelos paddle. I felt it to be smooth in the water, very efficient, and great for bracing and rolling.

But it was a bit of a shock to then go to the Kenetik Wings. Yes, you can markedly feel the solid catch and the lift from this paddle. I was watching other good paddlers in my pod and for every 3 strokes I was taking they were taking 5 or 6.

I also feel they are a stability aid in rough conditions while executing a strong forward stroke. The lifting action of the blade enhances stability with laying back on the blade angle as with a regular paddle

The regular KW paddle is about the same surface resistance to my Ikelos, so for a smaller or higher tempo paddler you might consider the KW S version.

I found bracing, rolling, sweeps, rudders and draws all fine. Did not try sculling but that might be harder, will have to try it.

TP