EXPERIENCE WITH TRIBALANCE

I AM LOOKING TO STAND UP, POLE & FLYCAST TO REDFISH. DO YOU KNOW ANYHING ABOUT THE TRIBALANCE. ARE THERE OTHER BOATS THAT WOULD BE GOOD. THANKS-

Is the tribalance
anything like the general ledger?

Sorry- bad accounting humor but I couldn’t resist.

IT SHOULD BE OK FOR THAT-

– Last Updated: Feb-02-05 2:04 PM EST –

It was designed and is currently marketed in Shallow Water Angler (fishing magazine) as precisely that. A friend of mine has one, and I guess it's stable -it's a 21" wide hull, with stern-mounterd outriggers that attach the sponsons the give it its great stability.

I paddled it out & about sans sponsons -didn't feel particularly tippy to me as a single hull kayak, but our friend Bill was twitching and wiggling and strainging mightily to maintain his (non-Tri) balance doing the same thing. He struggled like crazy to keep from dumping, but when he saw me gliding about, he shouted "Showoff...!" at me. I don't think so -I don't have anything near the balance of most of my kayaking accomplices, including Sally, who seems to engage in these things without the least bit of a tippiness.

But once assembled? That thing should be incredibly stable.

First thing that came to mind when Sally found out what the boat was was "training wheels"...LOL!

Now Bill got HIS Tri-Bal used, and I cannot tell you how old the boat is. Despite seeming to be in great shape, one of the sponsons came off while he was paddling, and we retreived it and he -kind of leaning over to the good sponson side, paddled back to shore where the errant one was reattached.

So -if you can keep the outriggers on, you should be just fine. Some oif the ads show a guy standing up, rod in hand, fishing from one.

ONE WORD OF ADVICE? PLEASE DON'T TYPE IN CAPS -IT'S THE INTERNET EQIVALENT OF SHOUTING!!!!

OK, now we've got TWO problems solved, LOL!

I think that you be able to both fish and stand in the Tri-Bal as you

PADDLE ON!

-Frank in Miami

Same people who
do the Enlightened kayak. Great material and price.

I fished out of a Tribalance for about a
year. Yes, you can stand in calm, flat water. But, you wouldn’t want to fight fish standing.

I now use a Heritage Seadart rigged for angling.

I believe you should check out: http://users.csolve.net/~suggie/kayak/#

If you can’t bring up this site-Google “Kayrak”

For your purposes, flyrod, pole, etc., I think this would provide versatility to attach to any yak that you find suitable.