Fall in August?

It is 4pm, 79° , and 33% rh
BEAUTIFUL!
I’d be on the water if I could.

Good day today to work outside.

Going over 5000 foot Carvers Gap on 6000 foot Roan Mountain this morning it was 44 degrees.
It won’t be long before I’ll be cranking up the wood burning stove to take the chill off our little piece of paradise.

Trees are starting to golden up

I’ve felt like a fish in a tea kettle most of this summer. I welcome the cooler days… To a point.

Getting back to normal here; high 70s daytime, 50s at night. Water temp at Lake Michigan’s Ludington buoy went from 71F Tuesday afternoon to 41F at 1 a.m. Wednesday.
https://www.mlive.com/weather/index.ssf/2018/08/see_30_degree_temperature_drop.html#incart_river_index

Took the last load of “friendly visiting trolls” to Whitefish Point yesterday. The maples have started to go crimson/red already, at least in that area and along the drive. Big change in just a couple of weeks. Winds from the N/NW and the big lake was rather choppy. Sun was shining and in the 70s but not 70s warm. The seasonal change is upon us here.

@Rookie said:
Getting back to normal here; high 70s daytime, 50s at night. Water temp at Lake Michigan’s Ludington buoy went from 71F Tuesday afternoon to 41F at 1 a.m. Wednesday.
https://www.mlive.com/weather/index.ssf/2018/08/see_30_degree_temperature_drop.html#incart_river_index

Yes but that is due to upwelling not a change in temperature due to cooler temps. Water has too high a specific heat to cool overall that quickly
Granted its a big upwelling if you can see it from space

Overall the temp in the ocean does affect the temp on land… Thats why with prevailing southerlies the coast of Maine rarely gets to 80 degrees

Yep the local weather guy explained upwelling. A bit south of Rookie, Silver Beach water temp went from 76 to 57 in 24 hours. From nice to nippy. Lovely paddling weather lately. Sorry you’re not on the water string.

Our brief touch of fall is over. Humidity is going up and it will be in the 90s tomorrow.

High of 88 predicted for Sunday even here in Michigan. I hope The Lake warms back up. You’re hoping for Fall and up here we are trying to hang on to Summer.