Fall Ozark Rendezvous - Current River, MO

Fall Rendezvous is typically the 3rd weekend in October, so for 2024 that would be 10/16 to 10/20. I plan on being at Pulltite campground the evening of 10/16 or the morning of 10/17 (still paddling on 10/17 even if I arrive that morning). There has been a change at the campground in regards to reservations. It used to be that after 10/15 the whole campground was first come first serve, but that changed and now you must reserve a site after 10/15 unless we choose to stay in the first come sites, which are sites 1-20 (the sites in the front, these are always first come, first serve, at least for now; there is talk that those will go away as well and become reservable).
What is everyone’s thoughts on the dates and is everyone wanting to reserve a site or just do the first come sites in the front?

Thanks for putting this up. I’d prefer not to use the front camps because car traffic for the whole campground must pass there. But if we take other sites we’ll need to set a firm date to make reservations. I’m flexible on dates in Oct.
Thanks again for posting this.

Thanks for posting this. I’m open as far as days go. I know I’ve got an open house at work that’ll be scheduled sometime in October as well, that I may have to plan around or miss part of the event for.

That works for me. Let’s see if anyone else chimes in about dates. I looked at those dates and only two sites were booked so we won’t have an issue booking sites.

Do you know the dates of your event at work yet?

I keep poking the gal planning it to see if she’s picked a date yet, but she won’t yield. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear it screamed across the office.

But certainly don’t wait to try and plan around me.

Hello!
The data looks good!
Regarding the campsite, I think it would be better to make a reservation since it’s a popular event.
But if people are willing to take the risk, a front seat allocated on a first-come, first-served basis could also work.

Hey Pam. I meant to follow up a while ago but got distracted by some of those pesky major life events. I’ve got the week of the 15th marked on my calendar for the rendezvous and am planning to attend.

Sorry in my delay in responding but we were in Glacier National Park for 2 weeks, just got home Saturday evening and back to reality. LOL That nasty four letter word called work will start up again tomorrow, but we had awesome time. I just booked site 23 for me and Joanne for 10/16 to 10/20, I have to work on Wednesday, so I’ll be down that evening after work and ready to paddle on Thursday. I don’t believe Rob will be joining us as he starts his new job tomorrow so won’t be asking off only a month in. I can’t believe it’s already September. Look forward to seeing folks in about 6 weeks!

1 Like

For Fall Rendezvous 2024 (10/16 to 10/20), please let me know your preference: Should we reserve sites or stick with the first-come, first-served sites (1-20) at Pulltite campground? Note that after 10/15, reservations are required except for these front sites, which might also become reservable in the future.

Kahun, Did you have a question? As all I see if your reposting my post?

Just FYI, Meredith’s wedding is that Saturday. Hope to see folks next Spring.

1 Like

I’m reserved for site #25 and will likely be showing up late on Wednesday as seems to be tradition.

1 Like

I don’t see many responding to the post. Just curious who is coming? Pat Cannon are you coming? I know Dual is coming, not positive who drake787 is? Anyone else?

I’m curious as well. I only saw one other spot (beyond yours) reserved when I booked my camping spot.

Greetings all, I am planning on coming down but Linty may not - just don’t know yet. Life has become more complicated this summer.
Late last May our area was hit with a bunch of thunderstorms. One night we had one that knocked out the power. She went looking for a flashlight and instead of stepping into her bedroom, she stepped into the thin air of the basement stairway. Broke eight ribs on one side, five on the other, tibia in two places just below the knee, broke some processes of her cervical spine, concussion, and some lesser injuries. She just got back home a little over a week ago and is still using a walker.
Just to make things more interesting, a couple weeks after her fall last spring another storm passed through, bringing a tree down on the electric service line to my house. Well heck, I guess this is the occasion to make the insurance guys happy and replace the fuses in my old farm house with bright shiny new breakers. Electricians around here are busy guys. It took ninety days for them to get around to doing the job. In the mean time, of course, no lights, refrigeration, water, etc. So I’ve been staying at her house tending the cat and doing what I can to support her recovery. This kept me away from and that electric computer of mine for most of the summer - though I can borrow her laptop occasionally - like now.
So now after a long absence Pcom doesn’t recognize my password on my computer, though it does from her laptop. And when I try to change my password, I’m asked for my old password which the site then doesn’t recognize - but only on my computer - not hers. So go figgger. (If this outfit is managing hundreds of other interest-based websites: if HO railroaders, stamp collectors, model airplane enthusiasts, lepidopterists, etc. are all also dealing with this kind of confusion, this amounts to a pretty big case of social disruption.)
So, yes, I’ll be at the 'vous, but its possible we’ll take a room at Echo bluff (anyone know of cabins cheaper and closer to Pulltite?) so Linty doesn’t have to deal with a tent and long bathroom hikes. We’d be at campfires and such. Maybe both of us can paddle, maybe only me. And her presence has to jive with medical appts.
So that’s where I stand.
If I’m hard to contact through Pcom, you know why. Call - the website screw ups haven’t balled the phone up yet.

1 Like

I am planning on coming, assuming my knee is healed enough. I think it will be! I reserved site #22 from the 16th with departure on the 20th. I look forward to introducing you all to my new titanium knees!

By the way, Pcom is a pain to log in to. I can’t get in on my phone at all but can from my PC. The phone sends me through this loop of needing to contact my administrator–which I did years ago when this issue first showed up. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Pat, oh my gosh. I hate to hear all of this, sounds like you have had a crazy and interesting summer. I’m so sorry to hear about Linty, that is just awful, I’m glad she is finally home and on the mend, but she would be a really trouper if she came down to the Current after all of that, I don’t think I would be, but I’m sure she would love a change of scenery. I looked at one of the Facebook groups for the Current and there are other cabins in the area, a lot of them are on VRBO and AirB&B, there are also some small hotels in Eminence. This one is near EE in Timber - https://www.itzawayzbackfarm.com/. Rena, you’re also are trouper, didn’t you just get your knee replaced? I think this will be a small group but whoever is there we’ll have a good time. Jo Anne hopes to be down Thursday and paddle Friday and Saturday. I’ll be down Wednesday evening after work (unless it is pouring down rain I’ll come down Thursday early morning), but still paddle Thursday). Carol told me her and Dan plan on paddling as well. Jo Anne, me and another friend were just at the Current last weekend. River is low but we had no issues, a little rain would be nice. Everyone have safe travels and be safe in your houses also, no more accidents. LOL

Link to my pics. I know it was a small group but still had a great time!