Fall Rendezvous 2017 Dates

@CanoePam said:
Kevin and I are in site 28. We have to look for one that will fit the travel trailer so we reserved a month or so ago. However we reserved beginning Sunday night, 8 October, and we now won’t be able to make it until Monday. My reservation won’t disappear if we don’t show up the first night, will it?

Oh, and I do have a Mad River Freedom 14 solo river boat for sale, if anyone wants to buy it. I will bring it from Utah if there is some serious interest. We will be in the Prospector.

ALL RIGHT! Good to know you two are our next-door neighbors! And your reservation shouldn’t be affected. We plan to be there Tuesday.

Good to hear from you Tony. Sounds like you’re doing well. Hope to see you on a Rendezvous in the near future. Would be good to paddle with you and some of the other “old timers” who haven’t been around for a few years like Sloopsailor and Wally. Take care of yourself. (notice that my now bald head is covered by an often worn hat)

Can’t wait for Rendezvous but I will be on the Current this weekend - taking a girl from work and her cousin, took them last year and they loved it, this year we’ll paddle Pulltite to Round Spring. Next weekend is girls trip with Jo Anne and Margaret - 2 nights, 3 days river camping from Pulltite to Two Rivers - none of us have been past Round Spring in years so should be a great trip. See everyone else soon!

@tssplash said:
Hi gang. Good to see you all are still hanging in there.

Dropped in to have a look-see what’s going on. Am thrilled to see the user name tssplash. Tony … here is one of my favorite paddling photos from what must be well over 10 years old. That hat and the greenland style kayak design is unmistakable. Hope you are doing well.
Bill Turner

One more month, actually a few less for those of us early arrivals. Here’s a little sneak-peak of the river from day-before yesterday.

Heading out for our Boys of Fall Canoe Trip on the Current River this Friday, Sep. 29th. Will down river camp from Cedar Grove to Two Rivers.

I plan to arrive at Pulltite for the Rendezvous some time on the afternoon of Sunday, Oct. 8th. See you all then.

I think you should change the name of your group to “The Fall Guys”.

Who is willing to share a campsite at Pulltite with a long-distance traveler? The reservation site says that EVERYTHING is already reserved. Planning to arrive on Sunday the 8th and stay the whole week (after driving over 5K miles I BETTER stay a whole week!) I’m already on the road day 2, in Haines Junction, Yukon.
(small tent, 1 extra boat, no diesel truck - I’m driving the Jeep)
Brad

Well, Mary and I were planning to share a site with her brother if he makes it from Utah, but if he decides not to come you would be welcome to share our site 40. Probably won’t know till next week.

I’m sure there would be space in the first-come, first-served sites nearer the entrance to the campground. I don’t think I have ever seen that area filled that time of year.

Thanks Pete - I’ll keep an open mind.
Brad

Brad, I see quite a few campsites that are available from October 8-15 to be reserved. What site are you looking on? Have you checked this?:

http://www.recreation.gov/campsiteCalendar.do?page=matrix&calarvdate=10/09/2017&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=75221

@AK_Brad said:
Who is willing to share a campsite at Pulltite with a long-distance traveler? The reservation site says that EVERYTHING is already reserved. Planning to arrive on Sunday the 8th and stay the whole week (after driving over 5K miles I BETTER stay a whole week!) I’m already on the road day 2, in Haines Junction, Yukon.
(small tent, 1 extra boat, no diesel truck - I’m driving the Jeep)
Brad

Well, WE WILL GLADLY SHARE WITH YOU, BRAD! Tickled to death you’re making the trip!

Any Rendezvouers going through/close to the Twin Cities? I’m looking for a “Piggy back” ride for a twice used Bell Rock Star I picked up. I’ll gladly pay $50-100 gas money to anyone interested?

@pblanc said:
Well, Mary and I were planning to share a site with her brother if he makes it from Utah …

Another Utahn? We are heading out early from the Salt Lake City area and combining this trip with other visiting in the Midwest. It is a long way for just a week.

I sure do miss rendezvousing with y’all! I hope this year’s rendezvous is all everyone hopes for… I’m looking forward to seeing awesome photos when you return!

SYOTR
MadCityGal

New (and perhaps frightening) development: The chaotic gong show that is Team Deuce may descend upon you late Friday night. I’d like to apologize in advance.

There goes the campground. And I had already paid up for a site through the weekend!

I’m sorry, Doc. If it’ll help I can bring a purty Prophet for you to play with.

My friend Pat C., who will likely be there, would probably jump at the chance to paddle a Prophet.

That can probably be arranged.