Fall Rendezvous 2017 Dates

Looks like I will be a KY addition for this Fall Rendezvous. Paddling your way from Owensboro Ky. I will arrive (God willing) on Thursday and have site 51 reserved for Thursday and Friday nights. Pete Blanc helped make this connection. Been on Current one time (Akers Ferry to Pulltite and Pulltite to Round Spring). Looking forward to paddling the Jacks Fork and meeting new paddlers and shuttle partners

Looking forward to meeting the new Rendezvous paddlers.
Look for our outfit in site #31; stop by & we’ll do a meet & greet.

Very, very sorry we will not get to see Ed, Tracy and their “band of outlaws” !
I was thinking about bringing my Perception HD-1,(with rock solid stability); especially for you to test paddle Ed! It’s a thing of beauty, and brings joy to the heart of every paddler who does a test paddle. Would I lie to you???

BOB & JoAnne

Going to miss your words of truth Bob. I would have loved to see if that beautiful boat would hold water on the inside as well as keeping it out from the outside.
Bottoms up buddy!

Bob, I call this one denial…I’ll let you guess how it ended up.

Hi Vic: Just an FYI that I’ll be leading the Sierra Club Outing on the Current River Oct. 8-11, 2018. If your Fall Rendezvous schedule is the same as the 2017 schedule, doesn’t look like our groups will cross paths (or paddles). Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions. Best, Bill Nichols, Sierra Club National Outings Leader, Kansas City, Missouri

https://content.sierraclub.org/outings/river-canoeing-ozark-missouri#trip=18202A

@Vic said:

This year’s Fall Rendezvous will be the weekend of Saturday, October 14 and Sunday, October 15. The first official day of paddling will be Thursday, October 12. Some people show up and paddle earlier in the week. I plan to get there Sunday afternoon, October 8.

There was some confusion about this year’s Fall Rendezvous dates. The standing date is the third weekend in October. This year October 1 is on a Sunday. There was a discussion about this at the Spring Rendezvous. Everyone agreed that they considered a weekend to be a weekend which includes a Saturday and Sunday (thus a full weekend), not a weekend that starts on a Sunday.

They made an exception for this fall’s Rendezvous setting the dates for Wednesday, October 11 through Sunday, October 15 so that I can participate in both my local group’s Boys of Fall Canoe trip and in the Fall Ozark Rendezvous (thanks folks.) I plan to arrive at Pulltite for this year’s Fall Rendezvous on Sunday, October 8, the day after I take out from the Boys of Fall canoe trip. Many people usually show up before Wednesday to get in some extra paddling.

Going forward after this year’s Fall Rendezvous the interpretation will be that a full weekend means a Saturday and Sunday weekend. This interpretation will apply to both the Spring Rendezvous and, except for this year, future Fall Rendezvous.

To sum up:

• This year’s Fall Rendezvous will be at Pulltite NPS Campground on the Current River in the Missouri Ozarks, Wednesday, October 11 through Sunday, October 15, with people arriving any time during that week.
  • The standing dates for the Spring Rendezvous are the first full weekend (Saturday and Sunday) in May with people arriving some time the week before that weekend. However, in any year that Mother’s Day falls on that weekend the Rendezvous will be the weekend before Mother’s Day.
  • The standing dates for the Fall Rendezvous, other than this year’s Fall Rendezvous, are the third full weekend in October with people arriving some time during the week before that weekend.

While the Pulltite NPS Campground is currently closed due to flood damage it should be open before the Fall Rendezvous, but check this thread as the situation changes.