Falmouth, MA this weekend

-- Last Updated: Sep-30-08 10:53 AM EST --

I'm headed to a wedding in Falmouth, MA this weekend, flying in from Virginia. We are going to Boothbay Harbor, ME and doing a little paddling after the wedding festivities, but I'd hate to not be able to get out on the water while in Falmouth.

Does anyone know a rental outfit in the Falmouth area that would still be open that will provide all needed gear. I will probably only have a half day to paddle - either Friday or Saturday am. Any tours or instructors that you would recommend instead? Lastly, anyone live in the area and want to paddle along?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Try Cape Cod Kayak
They are the closest to Falmouth. It wouldn’t surprise me if they are still open.

If you are looking for an easy paddle, try Waquoit Bay. If you want to mess around in some currents, try Woods Hole. Both are part of Falmouth.

Childs River
Paddling Washburn is a nice paddle and the water will still be warm. There is a rental place right at the launch on the Childs River. I am not sure if they are still open. I think it is the Waquoit Kayak Co.

I forgot about them
I think they are the outfitter located at Edwards Boat Yard, so you might be able to get information from them.

Billington Sea Kayak
If you have trouble finding what your looking for on the cape you should check out Billington. It would be a bit if a trek, it’s up in Plymouth. I’ve always heard great things about Billigton, a lot of the paddlers I’ve met around Boston take the drive down to Plymouth to get there gear. Falmouth is a beautiful area to paddle, water’s still pretty warm, have fun!