Favorite Assisted Rescue

Glad you caught that.
I missed it, but you’re right. It’s the far leg that should be brought up into the cockpit.

I’m sure glad you didn’t capatalize…
the title of your post!

Nice example for the youngsters that read the posts here!

jack L

The person gets in seconds.
the boat was a QCC and when it is uprighted it has only a couple of gallons in it.

If any one here has a QCC, tip it over and then upright it and please varify what I am saying.

The pump has the large discharge, and yes it only takes a bit to pump those few gallons out.

You are showing you ignorance.

If you post your profile, send me a blank video and a camera, I’ll be glad to record it for you.

cheers,

jackL

then why do you say all assisted rescues
… require a pump if you only get two gallons in?

Learn to spell…
…before you criticize other people for their capitalization.

You might want to start by learning to spell the word “hypocrite” since you probably hear that one a lot.

Wrong
If there was any chance you were telling the truth, I’d loan you a video camera.

My profile has nothing to do with the fact that you obviously fabricated data to suit your argument. Anyone with experience beyond two rescues can see that. Every time you post you are trumpeting your ignorance. Please keep it up so no one will make the mistake of thinking you know what you are talking about.

I called your bluff
Put up. or shut up !

I noted on the “GK” post that you don’t have the killionies to post your profile too.

If you doubt what I have said then why are you insisting on keeping your argument going.

This is supposed to be a “Advice, questions and general help” forum.

I answered the original posters question, and you seem to want to jump into the conversation and start a war.

You have already said that you don’t believe me, and don’t care for my posts, so just don’t read them.

There is absolutely no reason for me to be telling lies, or fabricating stories.

One final suggestion and comment and this will be my last:

Go out with your kayak and another friend with his kayak and tip yourself over. Then upright your kayak.

Then have your friend come to one side of your kayak and lean down on it, while you climb in on the opposite side.

My comment is: if you can’t climb in just a matter of seconds you either have some sort of disability or you are a wimp!

Cheers,

jackL

It had nothing to do with the spelling
Do you always start a letter, note, or post or use that word in a letter note or post?

Someone here once posted that you could tell what a person is like just by their posts?

jack L

Actually, I called your bluff
Some people can get into a boat quickly, some can’t. I happen to be able to. I was assuming based on your obvious lack of experience at rescues that you can’t. Maybe I’m wrong, but I doubt it. I suspect you think you are doing it much faster than you are. I’ve seen people who think they are getting someone back into a boat in under a minute, but when you actually time them, 30 seconds into the process they are still positioning their boat to begin the rescue.

You can rest assured that if you and G_K want me to post a profile, then I’m not going to do it. I don’t react to bullies. I wasn’t starting a war, I am just bothered by people who constantly react by attacking people who disagree with them. Reasonable people can disagree about things without behaving disagreeably. Unreasonable people just attack those who use logic and education.

Now, you seem to think that getting the last word is the same as winning an argument. I’ve proved my point and every time you speak you reinforce it. So feel free to have the last word.

One more variation
If there is any chance of the people drifting into a bad place, it is a good idea to get a tow onto them right away. I was watching practice rescues last week near the rocks at Cape Disappointment at the mouth of the Columbia River where it was rescue and tow. A few weeks earlier a paddler in the same spot lost a boat on the rocks when hooking up a tow to a rescue that had drifted in too far.