Feelfree Xpress Tourer/Deluxe

Anybody out there own one of these and care to comment? It’s a rec kayak with fishing holders, etc. P-Net has no reviews on it as of yet. I’m trying to compare it against a couple other boats I have in mind. Any info on comfort, performance and/or your satisfaction would be appreciated.

Unless its a particularly good deal,
I’d stick with something like the Dagger Blackwater, Old Town Loon or Dirigo, or one of the many other recreational kayaks of a similar dimension. It may be a great kayak, but so are the others.

Thanks , yakcanfish…
Interestingly enough, you pegged two of the boats (the Dirigo & Loon) that I had on my list. The quality of this recent import (the xpress tourer)is a big question mark with me.

Take a look at that Dagger Blackwater.
If available, you may like the Hurricane Santee…much lighter.

Second that
As far as Sit-in Kayaks go, the Dagger Blackwater is just about a perfect all-around fishing kayak. Good for rivers with the skeg up, and good for flatwater with the skeg down. The sharp angle of entry makes for good tracking, but the rounded tail (with skeg up) makes for some good maneuvering.

The 10.5 is a bit narrow for my wide hips (I’m 6’3" and 230# - 40" waist), but I’ve spent a few days on the New River in up to easy Class 3 (but mostly easy river punctuated with class 1 or 2 rapids) anyway. I just got out and waded every few hours to relieve pinch points. I think I’d personally be more comfortable in an 11.5 or 12.5. My Brother-in-law has a 12.5 so I’m hoping that he’ll let me find out someday.

• Big D

I love my Loon, but hate the weight.
Its the same problem with the Dirigo’s…same construction. Once in the water, the carve it nicely, but its getting them to the water and up and down off racks that’s a bear. That’s why since March, I’ve been in the Loon but once. My 40 lb canoe is much easier to deal with, plus its a neat paddle craft. So, yes, if it were me, I’d look at similar and lighter boats. But, then, at 58, my need for lighter boats may be different than a younger guy.

I’m a " younger" guy and
at 48, I’m already fed up with any kind of yak more than 45 lbs./12 feet,tops! Blackwater people either seem to love 'em or hate ‘em (speeders often complain). But that’s not an issue with me, as where I live there’s plenty of rapids action (after ice-out, mostly in Spring-early Summer). So I get enough velocity half the year on the creeks round here using only duckies (I don’t roll for nothin’) In calmer waters, nearby (Hudson River, lakes, ponds, etc.) I just want to be able to fish, have fair stability, and space for my 6 feet, 190 pounds of all-American male selfishness. – While also not busting my hump schlepping a heavy plastic boat from vehicle to the drink.,And oh yeah, a drain plug and/or self bailing would be nice.

My Express…
has served me well. It is comfortable and offers plenty of stability.

I comes fully equipped, no need to buy a seat like some other boats.

Maybe you don’t get around to paddle
shops and big box sporting goods stores enough. Every recreational sit inside I’ve looked at in the past three years comes with a seat. About the only thing you need to hit the water is a way to carry the boat on your vehicle, a paddle, and a PFD. Even many of the SOT’s now come with a seat. Take a look on kayak websites.

Two other solutiions, build your own
or go with a solo canoe. My 13.5 ft solo in Royalex is 39lbs, true weight as we measured at the paddle shop when I picked it up. Add seven lbs for the seat I put in that I have come to hate.

OK…
It comes with a comfortable seat…

Try the seat in a Dirigo or new Loon.
Most kayak seats are at least O.K., none, except maybe the seats Legacy puts into its Heritage and Native Watercraft boats could be called exceptionally comfortable.