Fiberglass "Birch Wood" Canoe circa 1960s

My dad bought this canoe in the mid to late 1960s. It’s still in great condition. I’m wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how much it’s worth? Thanks!

Photos of the inside will help a lot.

These are looking up at the inside, as it’s stored upside down.

Not much !
I have been looking for an el cheapo canoe on Craiglist since October, and they are running between $250 and $700. The $700 ones are in perfect condition and fairly new
The paint job won’t help, and I am guessing being that old that it is heavy.

With that said; advertise it on Craigs list and lower the price every three weeks until it sells

This is actually in very good shape outside. The original makers decal on the bow is still partially there. Unfortunately the name is missing and this is too early to have a HIN number in the hull. I would replace the lawn chair webbing that was put over the rotten cane on the seats, and probably lace them with cording or leather. sand and varnish the wood and ask try for $400 and then work down from their as Jack L says. Bill

Reminds me of the old Coleman my brother and I left wrapped around a rock in the Saco. Geez, I’ve done some dumb stuff!

Looks like it had some repairs on the inside. Might be some structural issues. I would just follow Jacks advice. Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay.

One man’s wreck,
another man’s to treasure,
for some holding paddle blade,
gliding grin’s value not for measure,

thus it once was for some soul,
their chopper-strip ever so grand,
unbesmirched within faux birch,
in heaven sporting the Indian Brand.

Although picture one, three and five (oddly, enough) do seem to collaborate on a little post-rock-besmirched, Bondo work.

Thank you all! Given the information that you have shared, I think we’ll hang on to it. It does still work well and we use it on occassion, in the local river and various lakes. I was quite young when my dad bought it and my siblings and I have many fun memories.

@JnJG said:
Thank you all! Given the information that you have shared, I think we’ll hang on to. It does still work well and we use it on occassion, in the local river and various lakes. I was quite young when my dad bought it and my siblings and I have many fun memories.

Priceless…….

See if you can donate it to a scout troop, church group, charter school, youth camp etc, get a receipt, and take it as a $300 tax deduction. You likely will end up giving it away. Canoes don’t sell unless they are in great shape.

Ooops just saw your post above - never mind.