Fire Ants

Not the best video, but if you can look closely, you’ll see that these ants covered this wasp nest and were pillaging the eggs. The Wasps could do nothing against them; every time they’d land on the nest, the ants would attack. They had to sit by helplessly and watch/
The craziest thing is that this all occurred 6 stories high. I tell you what, these guys are killing machines.
I was blown away when I took this:

Makes one wonder how they knew the nest was up there.

I guess there’s at least one benefit of living in a cold climate. They’d freeze here.

Taurus CS in a backpack sprayer watered down is about the best ant solution out there. It’s what the professionals use outdoor and contains what the active ingredient of flea collars uses: fipronil. Indoor the brand to use at doorsils is Termidor.

Glad to hear you’re not ill from your attack.

“THEM#@*$!!!”
(Stuart Whitman’s Nemeses In Microcosm)

All fired-up ants march from hill.
My barefoot step they took for ill.
I shout in dance across the lawn.
The calves aflame, the war is on!

Into their fortress I pour hot lead.
While thousands die they’ve shown no dread.
I curse the pierce of mounting pain.
Hills come alive across yard’s plain.

Soon armies move in unison.
My retreat’s more half-limp than run.
Wife smirks on porch, I’ll not debate her.
“You sorely need better exterminator.”

We are trying our hardest to eradicate Red Imported Fire Ants from Australia before they become established here. Unfortunately they arrived at Australia’s third largest capital city and it is proving to be really difficult and expensive to eradicate them in such a busy major urban and peri-urban area.

Good luck. Ours came ashore at Houston, Tx. I remember Charleston, SC being bombarded with ant killing pellets when I was a child to stem the red (ant) tide on land. Didn’t work.